Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baggage when travelling to Oz with malasia airlines

Options
  • 24-04-2012 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Just about to book flights with malasia airlines for Oz and it seems I can bring 23kg of checked in luggage. does that mean i can bing my 1bag of hand luggage as well. Also what sort of clothes/items would you bring. Going to sydney for at least 2years(visa permitting). We will be there from July.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dockfive

Hi

I travelled with Malaysia last September. They are pretty stingy with their baggage and hand baggage allowance compared to Ethiad. You are allowed one carry on bag of no greater than 5kg. Having said that, my carry on bag was never weighed or rammed into one of those metal frames Ryanair style. Anyway, here is a link to the Malaysia baggage requirements:

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/en/book-and-plan/baggage/hand-baggage.html

As for clothes it's a little cold over here at the moment and in July (in Sydney) it will be middle of Winter and quite cold and can be wet too so probably bring over your Irish clothes and when Summer comes around you can get new clothes out here.

Best of luck with the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I found out the hard way about the 5kg hand luggage. Had to collect bags in Heathrow and stuff 5kg into aer lingus hand luggage as their limit was 20kg not 23. Girl on check in in oz wouldn't check the bag all the way to Dublin because Malaysia would be charged by AL for the extra 3kg. Was a nightmare. Also extra wieght is charged at an extortionate rate. Something like 65 pounds per kilo

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

Thanks 4info,

Advertisement