Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2013

Options
  • 24-04-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Next years race takes place on the 21st April 2013. The entry system opens next Monday on the 30th April.

Race Website

2012 thread

Entry Methods;

1) Enter the UK or international Ballot on April 30th. Your chances are much higher of being accepted if you enter via the UK Ballot, if you have a friend living in the UK (the North counts too), now is the time to ask for their address ;)

2) Good for Age entry. A sub 3'10 from a 2011 or 2012 marathon, along with that all important UK address.

3) Run for charity, List of charities here

Having deferred this year the countdown to next year is on for me, only 362 days to go :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

A sub 3'10 from a 2011 or 2012 marathon, along with that all important UK address.

A little easier for women and OAPs like me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Best of luck for 2013 Brian.

Would highly highly highly recommend this race to anyone - amazing experience that will stay with me for a very long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

1) Enter the UK or international Ballot on April 30th. Your chances are much higher of being accepted if you enter via the UK Ballot, if you have a friend living in the UK (the North counts too), now is the time to ask for their address ;)

2) Good for Age entry. A sub 3'10 from a 2011 or 2012 marathon, along with that all important UK address.

Having deferred this year the countdown to next year is on for me, only 362 days to go :D

You forgot UK championship places. I'm signing up for robinph's club. He may have thought I was joking Sunday night :)

By the way Brian a big THANKS for starting this thread. We all appreciate it and we all appreciate you. If you were standing beside me I'd give you a slap on the back and a high five :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Brian since you have your deferred entry, can I use your good for age entry? Unfortunately I am 42 seconds too slow :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

menoscemo wrote: »
    Brian since you have your deferred entry, can I use your good for age entry? Unfortunately I am 42 seconds too slow :-)

Read the charter, number swaps are strictly forbidden ;) PM sent :p

• Advertisement

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the GFA cutoff happens until well after Berlin marathon. Nail a PB there and you're laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

Im going to enter the ballot. Fortunately I have a good friend up north who is allowing me use his address..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ballot for me, not going to magically run a 3:50 any time soon unfortunately. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Next years race takes place on the 21st April 2013. The entry system opens next Monday on the 30th April.

Race Website

2012 thread

Entry Methods;

Have entered the ballot for the last 4 years now so might as well give it a go again for next year. Bound to get into the race again one day :).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Ballot for me, not going to magically run a 3:50 any time soon unfortunately. :p

10 minutes improvement? Why not? Are you running an autumn marathon?

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    10 minutes improvement? Why not? Are you running an autumn marathon?

I don't plan on it - 1:45 at GNR is my goal for this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Need your address for GFA entry. Will pm you when I get home. :cool:

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the GFA cutoff happens until well after Berlin marathon. Nail a PB there and you're laughing
    The cut off is long before berlin unfortunately (july i think). I certainly intend running GFA in Berlin but that will only get me into 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

More importantly, what pub are we going to afterwards? :)

The cut off is long before berlin unfortunately (july i think). I certainly intend running GFA in Berlin but that will only get me into 2014.

oh yeah, you're probably right. I think maybe the final forms for GFA don't have to be in until later in the year though.

oh yeah, you're probably right. I think maybe the final forms for GFA don't have to be in until later in the year though.

I think Berlin is the final qualifier before the Boston Cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Hmmm, London '13. Tempting.

Unless I perform some miracle in Belfast in 12/13 days neither will I.

:pac:

Edit

The mens is 3.10

:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

w00t Brian has just created the bestest thread eva' ;):D

The GFA entries had to be submitted by the middle of July last year and you then get a couple of weeks window in which to pay for and confirm your place after they accept your time evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

robinph wrote: »

The GFA entries had to be submitted by the middle of July last year and you then get a couple of weeks window in which to pay for and confirm your place after they accept your time evidence.
    Its a great thread can't believe only 7 people thanked him, people on boards just have no respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

shels4ever wrote: »
    robinph wrote: »

Its a great thread can't believe only 7 people thanked him, people on boards just have no respect.
    I will be doing if again......Fgfa is the dogs bollox......I will use the tented area to relax nxt yeAr.....with Chicago coming up in october and the mrs wanting a 4th kid I told her I will fit her in soon.....but I won't be missing London for it.....

• Advertisement

shels4ever wrote: »

Yeah he really isn't appreciated. And his "witty comments" well we all know how funny they are ;)

Just looking at the GFA page on the London marathon site. Women are 3:15 - 3:50. Does that mean that sub 3:15 qualifies you as 'elite'? :eek: Even DCM is sub 3:00 for a woman to get into the elites pen...

I think sub-3:15 and membership of a UK club gives you a championship start.

I think sub-3:15 and membership of a UK club gives you a championship start.

Yes and sub 2.45 and membership to robinph's club get you a champ start for men ;)

Yes and sub 2.45 and membership to robinph's club get you a champ start for men ;)

Any difference between that and GFA?(I assume you were in GFA)

Any difference between that and GFA?(I assume you were in GFA)

GFA starts at red start while championship runners start at blue behind male elites. Talking to dermcu both start areas seem the same. Would rather start with champ runners as I reckon it would be a lot easier to fall into a group. Having said that the red GFA start is legend. I had a nice complementary coffee followed by a leisurely piss and handy bag drop 30 minutes before the start. Then did a gentle jog before waltzing over to the start stress free. You can't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

that the red GFA start is legend. I had a nice complementary coffee followed by a leisurely piss and handy bag drop 30 minutes before the start. Then did a gentle jog before waltzing over to the start stress free. You can't beat it.

Excellent. Ill be there next April so having a GFA time already. Question is........Should i choose the brother in Liverpool that I havent spoken to in years? or 1st cousin in London that I forgot about and never invited to my wedding? aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    that the red GFA start is legend. I had a nice complementary coffee followed by a leisurely piss and handy bag drop 30 minutes before the start. Then did a gentle jog before waltzing over to the start stress free. You can't beat it.

Excellent. Ill be there next April so having a GFA time already. Question is........Should i choose the brother in Liverpool that I havent spoken to in years? or 1st cousin in London that I forgot about and never invited to my wedding? aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!
    You may look for another address....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

This thread has finally set my goal time for Waterford. Sub 3.50 it is :eek:

• Advertisement

RubyK wrote: »
    This thread has finally set my goal time for Waterford. Sub 3.50 it is :eek:
    Will Waterford qualify as one of the marathons they will take ??? New york I think have a list you can do in each country....my advise ring them and get them to mail you...rem to use the english accent.lol

Advertisement