Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

I've just discovered the red button on BBC where it shows the camera over the finish line- if only I knew this i would have been trying to spot who the boardsies were.
    We should have had a Usain Bolt/ Mo Farah type standard celebration coming across the finish line then they'd be easily spotted.
    I'm hoping Anne has a kick left in her tank, although she's still in line for a PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

RQ home in 3:42:29, bad day at the office for her

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

RQ just in, 3.42.29, those last 8-10 miles look to have been very tough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Mr Slow wrote: »
    RQ home in 3:42:29, bad day at the office for her

Last 2.2km in 15 minutes? She could have hung on for a PB surely.

madon wrote: »
    We should have had a Usain Bolt/ Mo Farah type standard celebration coming across the finish line then they'd be easily spotted. .

TRR's one armed windmill? or is that reserved for pacees?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Pisco Sour wrote: »
    Last 2.2km in 15 minutes? She could have hung on for a PB surely.
    If your in a bad way sometimes you just want to get to the finish. Thoughts of PB etc just go don't compute.

Killerz wrote: »
    I can only dream of achieving those times wearing a regular running ensemble, never mind those outfits.

3:22 for the WR in a wetsuit. Now THAT is impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Mr Slow wrote: »
    TRR's one armed windmill? or is that reserved for pacees?:)

That's soooooooooooo 2011. I've been developing the two armed windmill, robot dance and fighter jet celebration. Just need to run a marathon to unveil it now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

TRR wrote: »
    temps are high enough as well.

Commentary saying it's been perfect, frost on the ground this morning and getting up to a pleasant 12 degrees!

Pisco Sour wrote: »
    3:22 for the WR in a wetsuit. Now THAT is impressive!

That's gonna give jackyback, Kurt Godel et al ideas ;)

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »
    That's soooooooooooo 2011. I've been developing the two armed windmill, robot dance and fighter jet celebration. Just need to run a marathon to unveil it now :)

Sounds complicated, I think I'll celebrate finishing in Berlin by doing Fat Bastid from Austin Powers 'Do ya think I'm sexy' nipple rub. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Some super running by boardsies today. Well done to all. Think ronnie085 ran 2:43

Anybody see the wheelchair lad giving out about "who's gonna pay for his $2,000 wheels" after he took out the elite lady...!?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stipes212

The elite lady took him out, he was right to be p!ssed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Anybody see the wheelchair lad giving out about "who's gonna pay for his $2,000 wheels" after he took out the elite lady...!?

I saw him hit a panel in frustration after the crash and it seemed like his race was over but the camera never went back to him. I'm guessing he wasn't able to go on after it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

stipes212 wrote: »

She went across to catch her drink and he ran into the back of her. Bit harsh to say she took him out.

She went across to catch her drink and he ran into the back of her. Bit harsh to say she took him out.

Certainly can't blame him. The organisers really need to cop on and let the wheelchair athletes out first!

My reading of it was the wheelchairs were behind the elite ladies coming to a feed station, they absolutely should have known the women would move across. Bad organisation in my opinion but I'd have no problem with him saying his chances of winning was ruined but I couldn't give a fcuk about his wheels!

My reading of it was the wheelchairs were behind the elite ladies coming to a feed station, they absolutely should have known the women would move across. Bad organisation in my opinion but I'd have no problem with him saying his chances of winning was ruined but I couldn't give a fcuk about his wheels!
    You would if they cost you 2k;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

That's gonna give jackyback, Kurt Godel et al ideas ;)

Already plans in motion for DCM:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

He cut inside her at a water station should have know it was a bad idea.

shels4ever wrote: »
    He cut inside her at a weather station should have know it was a bad idea.
    A marathon is no place for a weather station:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

He was interviewed afterwards. He was a bit calmer but said the accident was waiting to happen and that organisers were warned about it.

Basically said it was ridiculous to have the wheelchairs speeding through the elite field. He was also concerned for the runners, said they could end up with a career ending injury.

Radcliffe said it was very hard to spot them as they're not at eye level. Also mentioned that the lead vehicles also had to pass them.

I don't think either athlete was at fault. It was an accident waking to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Anyone fancy posting a table of the Boardsies' finishing times?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Anyone get Paul Pollocks finishing time?

Edit: Got it, 2.17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

In the coal hole now with many boardsies. Tough day, really hot. Felt super through halfway but the legs just got heavier and the cramps started appearing. Got to 26 miles 5 seconds down on 3:05 pace and had to pick it up both kegs cramped up immediately but miraculously I still made it somehow :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

menoscemo wrote: »
    Got to 26 miles 5 seconds down on 3:05 pace and had to pick it up both kegs cramped up immediately but miraculously I still made it somehow :-).

Well done Meno, great performance which you totally deserved.

I'd say there will be plenty more kegs cramped up before the night is out!! :D It should not be any other way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Couple of boardsies missed out: EauRouge 2:55. Rubyk 3:39

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

menoscemo wrote: »
    In the coal hole now with many boardsies. Tough day, really hot. Felt super through halfway but the legs just got heavier and the cramps started appearing. Got to 26 miles 5 seconds down on 3:05 pace and had to pick it up both kegs cramped up immediately but miraculously I still made it somehow :-).

That's bad luck :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Didn`t quite go to plan for me today. I was in trouble from 15m eith d legs but was still hopeful of a small pb. By 22 m i was concentrating on finishing. Found last few miles very difficult but i have d medal now. In pub now with all d elite boardsies. Wow ders some amt of sub 3 lads here. ;-)

Advertisement