Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marathonm@n

kat2171 wrote: »
    Hi all. Only came accross this thread now.
    Does the entry process stay open for long or do you have to actually enter on Monday or whats the story?
    Secondly is it an online entry system? Just wondering about the payment system. Can you pay with credit card or do u need a uk cheque?
    I have to chat the aul relations in the UK re an address but havnt done it yet!

Once 125,000 applications have been received the ballot will close (will be filled up in less than 2 days so if you can I would try and do it tomorrow) Don't worry about payment as they only look for it if accepted (October).
    You have a 1 in 5 chance with a UK address.
    Would really recommend doing it if you can. Well worth applying as you can always defer right up until the day after the marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kat2171

Tks v much Marathonm@n. Will give it a go. Nothing to loose.. Doin NY this yr so wud b great to do London next yr.
    As u said I can always defer if I want a break from d runnin for a few months..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Joko

Just entered the ballot with a UK address. Fingers Crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

Does the phone number you use matter if you're going for a UK entry? My UK phone is on the blink at the moment ;)

dowlinj wrote: »
    Does the phone number you use matter if you're going for a UK entry? My UK phone is on the blink at the moment ;)

Not important for your entry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Entered ballot - fingers crossed - but not holding breath :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Entered the UK Ballot with my Northern address. I opted to donate my entry fee to charity if not successful as it gives you a bigger chance of success. Anyone else do the same?

£32 for a marathon like london is deadly. A pity my 3:10:42 from Blackpool this year is not good enough to get me a GFA entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

menoscemo wrote: »
    Entered the UK Ballot with my Northern address. I opted to donate my entry fee to charity if not successful as it gives you a bigger chance of success. Anyone else do the same?

£32 for a marathon like london is deadly. A pity my 3:10:42 from Blackpool this year is not good enough to get me a GFA entry.

Probably going to use my nordy address also. Didn't know that you could donate the fee to charity if unsuccessful. It's a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

entered using my brothers english address and my maiden name....wonder should i enter overseas using my married name and own address???

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

have entered both ballots, fingers crossed, would be great to get in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Entered both ballots! Even if I was the only person in both I still would not get picked, that's how unlucky I am. Ah well worth a try anyway :)

just enter the overseas aswell, so now in both ballots, still not holding my breath!!!;)

just be careful when entering both ballots that you don't disqualify yourself. Same DOB may register and multiple entries will lead to none been entered.

ye i read that and the DOB would be the one to hang you alright...but its done now so i'll just have to keep the fingers crossed that they don't have time to go throught DOB and see if double enteries were received!!

I opted to donate my entry fee to charity if not successful as it gives you a bigger chance of success. Anyone else do the same?

I was a little confused by this - does this mean it will cost you double or are you just deciding on where you want your once-off entry fee to go? No brainer if the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Hi just wondering is the only way for someone that has done a sub 2.30 marathon to enter through the uk good for age route?

I entered myself in the international ballot cant get my hands on a uk address. can an irish person secure a place thought the charity route? Sorry about all the questions. Thanks

I was a little confused by this - does this mean it will cost you double or are you just deciding on where you want your once-off entry fee to go? No brainer if the latter.

If you get in then the £32 will be your entry fee and this is all you are charged. If you are unsuccessful in the ballot then they still take the £32 and it goes towards charity.

Donate your entry fee and receive a FREE limited edition Virgin London Marathon Rain Jacket

In recognition of your generosity, all unsuccessful applicants who donate their entry fees will receive the following exclusive benefits:
    •Entry into a draw for an additional 1,000 guaranteed places in the 2013 Virgin London Marathon.
    •Limited edition Virgin London Marathon Rain Jacket (choice of 5 sizes: XS (30"-32"), S (32"-34"), M (36"-38"), L (40"-42"), XL (44"-46"))
    •PLUS free draw for one of these two super prizes:
    1 entry into the ING New York City Marathon 2013 including travel & accommodation, OR 1 week's sporting holiday for you and a guest in the Spring of 2013 at Club La Santa, Lanzarote (click here for terms and conditions).

Hi just wondering is the only way for someone that has done a sub 2.30 marathon to enter through the uk good for age route?

I entered myself in the international ballot cant get my hands on a uk address. can an irish person secure a place thought the charity route? Sorry about all the questions. Thanks

you can go the charity route. If you are stuck for a uk address? pm me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sub 3:10 and a UK address-enter via GFA
    Sub 2:45 and a UK address and UK club membership-enter championship
    Sub 2:30 and I think you might get invited, if you are in the championship entry and then run sub 2:30 on the day then I think they refund your entry and some hotel/ travel costs.
    Sub 2:10 the Kenyans won't want you, so change your nationality to the highest bidder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

My understanding is that if you don't get picked the ballot you get charged £32 anyway and they give this to charity. You are then entered a second draw for another 1000 places and you get sent out some complimentary gear ( A London marathon Jacket).

My understanding is that if you don't get picked the ballot you get charged £32 anyway and they give this to charity. You are then entered a second draw for another 1000 places and you get sent out some complimentary gear ( A London marathon Jacket).

Cheers...I missed the "if unsuccessful" bit when looking this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭plodder

Just entered the overseas ballot. It fills up very quickly iirc as it's a lot smaller than the UK ballot.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Have entered the overseas ballot, fingers crossed but won't hold my breath. It would be nice to have London to train for during the winter months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Entered the overseas again this year , but odds of two years in a row must be high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Knightmove

On the back of having thoroughly enjoyed my first marathon a few weeks back in Rotterdam , I have just entered the ballot for London. Thank you to Brianderunner for publicising the balllot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Entered with my cousins address up north. Sure you never know what might happen. Hopefully a few of us get in anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Entered, sure we'll see how things go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Entered the overseas ballot this morning, but because I'm an eejit, I didn't print out the confirmation page. And I haven't got a confirmation email yet. And I'm afraid to enter again in case I invalidate the first entry....

racheljev wrote: »
    Entered the overseas ballot this morning, but because I'm an eejit, I didn't print out the confirmation page. And I haven't got a confirmation email yet. And I'm afraid to enter again in case I invalidate the first entry....

No emails have been sent afaik yet. So don't worry.

Entered the UK ballot. Opted for the bonus draw too...so reckon my odds have shortened ever-so-slightly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Hmmmm to enter for GFA or not!! I said i was done with marathons for the next two years but its enticing me like a kebab shop after a feed of pints:)

Advertisement