Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

Has anyone received a GFA entry form yet? I sent my request in a few weeks ago with a UK address and have so far heard nothing back. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

jahaco wrote: »
    Has anyone received a GFA entry form yet? I sent my request in a few weeks ago with a UK address and have so far heard nothing back. Thanks.

They will be sending out the entry forms on 13th July and you will have 2 weeks to return it to them.

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Just heard that they started sending out the forms. Mate of mine with surname starting with A got his ......

Just got mine yesterday!:)

• Advertisement

Just got mine yesterday!:)
    Well done. What does your surname start with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Letter arrived in England for me,surname starts with B. Is everyone that got letters accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Is everybody just getting your contact in the uk to sign and return the forms on their behalf? or are you having them posted on , filled in and sent back?

My surname starts with a C. I sent in my application when I was in the UK for a weekend using a UK address. I hope to pick up the entry form in a week's time and return it whilst in the UK. One thing that occurred to me is that my credit card will have an Irish billing address. May get someone in the UK to pay on my behalf and reimburse them, just to make sure if there is any further scrutiny.

My surname starts with a C. I sent in my application when I was in the UK for a weekend using a UK address. I hope to pick up the entry form in a week's time and return it whilst in the UK. One thing that occurred to me is that my credit card will have an Irish billing address. May get someone in the UK to pay on my behalf and reimburse them, just to make sure if there is any further scrutiny.
    Sterling draft....also if you get an application form your in. Send it back signed and Thr money and bingo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sterling draft....also if you get an application form your in. Send it back signed and Thr money and bingo
    You mean a sterling draft from an Irish bank? Will this pass muster? Must check if mine has been received.

You mean a sterling draft from an Irish bank? Will this pass muster? Must check if mine has been received.
    My cousin writes a personal cheque in lOndon and posts it. I would def be getting the person from Thr address over there to sort it. Def wouldn't be getting it here. It's too Suss. I reckon I owe you a beating in London. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Is there a close off date for returned forms? I'm hoping to get Mr Stew to sort it out when he's in London next, but that won't be till mid July.
    My surname begins with D, so I should get the letter soon.
    I can't wait till all this cloak and dagger business is over and I've got my confirmed entry:-)

Marthastew wrote: »
    Is there a close off date for returned forms?

Website says they need to be back in the organisers' hands by end July. You should have enough time then.

My cousin writes a personal cheque in lOndon and posts it. I would def be getting the person from Thr address over there to sort it. Def wouldn't be getting it here. It's too Suss. I reckon I owe you a beating in London. LOL
    Where will you find the extra 10 minutes from? :confused:
    You're gonna need a lot of diarrhea. :D

Where will you find the extra 10 minutes from? :confused:
    You're gonna need a lot of diarrhea. :D[/Quote]
    I fancy a bet for charity.........give me 5min. I know a sub 2.40 runner that likes my runners. LOL

I just spoke to my friend, my letter arrived yesterday:)

I just spoke to my friend, my letter arrived yesterday:)
    Well done. I dont know where the fast good for age women start.the men all start together. My mate whose surname starts with d got hers Thr other day. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

My London mate is home at the moment but my entry letter is already sealed and I've just waiting for him to post it from London when he gets back on Monday.

Hopefully he'll receive the entry form letter soon after that and then it's all systems go! I'm going to get him to fill up the form and to pay with a cheque/sterling draft to make it all seem kosher.. What are friends for!

wideball wrote: »
    My London mate is home at the moment but my entry letter is already sealed and I've just waiting for him to post it from London when he gets back on Monday.

Hopefully he'll receive the entry form letter soon after that and then it's all systems go! I'm going to get him to fill up the form and to pay with a cheque/sterling draft to make it all seem kosher.. What are friends for!
    Jesus, you're quick Wideball! Might want to delay it for a couple of days so you don't seem so eager. :) Mine has arrived too (surname 'C') and should be winging its way over here as we speak. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

So did everyone just send a finisher certificate and a scan of their passport/drivers licence? What about address, just write it on one of the pages?

So did everyone just send a finisher certificate and a scan of their passport/drivers licence? What about address, just write it on one of the pages?
    I sent a cover letter which included my name and address and a printout of my Chicago finish certificate along with a photocopy of my birth cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

I just took a picture of my passport with my IPod Touch and sent it on to the brother in Edinburgh. He has hopefully sorted out everything else. His wife ran it before so he knows the score. Surname K. Haven't heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

I sent a cover letter which included my name and address and a printout of my Chicago finish certificate along with a photocopy of my birth cert.

I sent a cover letter as well which has the return London address on it. The letter refers to the qualifier marathon website's results plus a copy of the marathon's finisher's certificate. A photocopy of my passport also added.

To be sure to be sure.. :)

wideball wrote: »
    I sent a cover letter as well which has the return London address on it. The letter refers to the qualifier marathon website's results plus a copy of the marathon's finisher's certificate. A photocopy of my passport also added.

To be sure to be sure.. :)

Like everyone else I sent a copy of passport, letter with "my address" and marathon cert. I also sent a photo of me at my "London address" and one of me running in a park in London for good measure and.....;):D

All this subterfuge business is killing me.... I'm a product of a good Catholic school... I'm sure Sister Finbarr is turning in her grave with all my lies and deceit;)

Like everyone else I sent a copy of passport, letter with "my address" and marathon cert. I also sent a photo of me at my "London address" and one of me running in a park in London for good measure and.....;):D

All this subterfuge business is killing me.... I'm a product of a good Catholic school... I'm sure Sister Finbarr is turning in her grave with all my lies and deceit;)
    Folks in London are probably reading this thread right now and rifling through all the envelopes looking for the one with the photos. Just as well you're a 6 foot tall bearded man with nose and lip piercings, as they'll be able to find you easily. ;)

I was asked lately did I run London this yr and when I said yes he asked me why in the jaysus have you a gb after your name. I rang them myself and found out that myself and my look alike cousin got it. Lucky as I had apartment booked and paid for and flights already booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Sent mine off yesterday, cheers for the advice folks. Berlin finisher cert and UK drivers licence with my current address on it. Not sure i even wanna do it but no harm in entering.

Nice to have at least one Irish GFA A/R/Tist who actually lives in the UK :D

Sent mine off yesterday, cheers for the advice folks. Berlin finisher cert and UK drivers licence with my current address on it. Not sure i even wanna do it but no harm in entering.

Nice to have at least one Irish GFA A/R/Tist who actually lives in the UK :D
    Deep down you know you do. You know you haven't conquered the marathon yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

Finally :rolleyes: got my act together and am posting my GFA application (with a NI return address) from Manchester tomorrow asI happen to be over there.
    Fingers crossed !
    Lex

Advertisement