Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping costs ^^^^^^^^ !

Options
  • 24-04-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Wanted to send a box 60x40x40 - 15kg to Vietnam.

An Post c.E450

DHL cE550

HOW do people get say 'Ethnic' dolls / foodstuffs etc from say Vietnam to here and make any money. I'd be better buying an airticket and bringing it myself !
    I'm missing something here because at those rates HOW can we get affordable strawberries from Australia in Dunnes in the winter etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

people import container loads. You would probably import a pallet of goods from Vietnam to Ireland for €550. Its all economies of scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Look up parcel2go.com

Dunno if it delivers to Vietnam though. And if you find a way of getting it picked up in N. Ireland, it will work out a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Capri wrote: »
    Wanted to send a box 60x40x40 - 15kg to Vietnam.

An Post c.E450

15 x 10 x 10, 1.2kg to China - €60

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Just looked up An Post - 5kg or 20kg to Vietnam - €60. Will check local PO to see if correct.

Posted 6 parcels (60kg) from VN to IRL, c€200, don't know how long it'll take tho' :eek:
    people import container loads. You would probably import a pallet of goods from Vietnam to Ireland for €550. Its all economies of scale.

Gas thing is, with one exception from this site, NOBODY has come back to me from companies I've phoned for container quotes - too busy /too lazy ??? .:mad:

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Gas thing is, with one exception from this site, NOBODY has come back to me from companies I've phoned for container quotes - too busy /too lazy ??? .:mad:

Too small more like it, they run on tiny margins and unless they already have containers leaving from that port they would have no interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

An post changed their charges on May 1st. Most went up, but heavier parcels came down substantially

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Too small more like it, they run on tiny margins and unless they already have containers leaving from that port they would have no interest.

So- I want to send ONE full container to say Lagos or Saigon and companies aren't interested :confused:

<Mod edit...let's have no racist comments please.>

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

So- I want to send ONE full container to say Lagos or Saigon and companies aren't interested :confused:

Check your PMs

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hello Ronan,

Please note that there are a significant number of groupage operators in Ireland that would offer service for less than container loads (LCL or groupage) from almost any point in the Far East. If you have any difficulty with same let me know and I would gladly offer a "second opinion".

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

<Mod edit...let's have no racist comments please.>

Hello Capri,

feel free to send me a PM and I will look into this for you. I am sure we can get you quotes for shipments of containers to either of those two places.

In your PM, detail ;

1) place of collection in Ireland
    2) 20' or 40' container
    3) Commodity
    4) Value

Best regards,
    Rudolf289

• Advertisement
Advertisement