Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best image format to use.

Options
  • 24-04-2012 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have an issue with moving images between computers.. The situation is as follows:

-I produce the file in Paint Shop Pro 9
    -I save a PNG copy 280x280 for the website.. needs to be PNG for transparency
    -I save a PSP (Paint Shop Pro) copy 560x560 for holding on to the layering information, so that I can edit it in the future.
    -I save an EPS 560x560 so that my friend can print out the design using his cutting machine. He uses CorelDraw 13 to open the file..

Is there any other format that would be better for me to use, or that would allow me to just use two file formats?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I wouldn't be using Paint Shop Pro to produce EPS files.

Actually I wouldn't be using Paint Shop Pro at all, If I was you I'd get a copy of the Adobe creative suite and use photoshop and illustrator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just talking to the lad again today and he suggested that we both get Photoshop elements... But it says on the website that it's pretty much for people with digital cameras to make their pictures look a bit better...Just cant afford full Photoshop..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Are these images logos by any chance?

There will be logos, text images and graphic images..

I've just downloaded Photoshop Elements 10, 1.5 GB download :(, so I'm gonna trial it out for the month... Photoshop full is just too expensive so it's not even an option.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

GIMP is free and you can get an add on script for it to deal with EPS files.
    If its just you dealing with the layered source files then you can edit those yourself in GIMP and save it under the format it uses.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    GIMP is free and you can get an add on script for it to deal with EPS files. If its just you dealing with the layered source files then you can edit those yourself in GIMP and save it under the format it uses.

I tried GIMP a while back, and I found it very cumbersome.. I suggested this to the other guy as well, but tbh if I had trouble with it he's not going to be able to manage it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The Adobe suit is very cheap with a student license. Know any students?

smash wrote: »
    The Adobe suit is very cheap with a student license. Know any students?

Haha I do.. but I've already used them for MS Office.. dont want to keep running to the well... I think I'll go ahead with Photoshop Elements 10, seems to be the best fit for what we need..

Advertisement