Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin not collected. Rubbish service from whelans.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

I always found whelans good - they always took extra but unfortunately I moved for cheaper bins with AES,,,how wrong I was... 2nd time this year I've gotten a letter informing me it's increasing to 30e. I have sent them another email telling them I'm not paying the 30e - they listened the last time so hopefully this time...
    a little off topic...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just wondering does anyone know how much Ray Whelan charge new customers for a bin?

Website is terrbile to try and find information on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know how much Ray Whelan charge new customers for a bin?

Website is terrbile to try and find information on.
    http://www.raywhelan.ie/default.asp?m=d

It is something like €23 per month for the larger 240 litre bin collected every second week and that includes the same size recycling bin collected every other week. Can be paid online once your account is set up in the office.

Sorry probably wasn't clear...I was wondering about the cost of an actual bin.

Do you have to buy a bin from them when you are setting up an account? The place we moved into only has a brown one so was wondering how much it costs to get a green bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Sorry probably wasn't clear...I was wondering about the cost of an actual bin.

Do you have to buy a bin from them when you are setting up an account? The place we moved into only has a brown one so was wondering how much it costs to get a green bin.
    No. They provide a bin to you and if you go to a different provider next year Whealan's take back their bins.
    Edit to add every bin company does this as far as I know.

• Advertisement

ken wrote: »
    No. They provide a bin to you and if you go to a different provider next year Whealan's take back their bins.
    Edit to add every bin company does this as far as I know.

Cheers, thanks for that, was certain you would have to buy the bin outright when signing up to the service.

Advertisement