Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter - Incorrect time?

Options
  • 24-04-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,
    Could someone clarify why my electronic day/night electricity meter shows the incorrect time. Today the meter displays wintertime (one hour behind current time).

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi mcdon_d,

If the time displayed on the meter is significantly out of kilter with the actual time, we would dispatch a technician to fix this. Your account would be subsequently adjusted to reflect what you should have been charged.

Do you know (roughly) how long the meter has been showing the incorrect time? And has it had any impact on your usage patterns (i.e. have you been consciously using electricity at the modified summertime hours - between 8 and 9 in the morning?).

Please feel free to PM me if you would like me to look into this further.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mcdon_d

It is exactly 1 hour out - so it looks like the meter time does not adjust to Daylight Savings?

Can you confirm this should be changed automatically and i will followup with a PM with my details to have this altered on my meter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi mcdon_d,

Can you send me the details of the account by private message and then we can advise as to what course of action to take?

If you send the account number, name and address on the account, and telephone number on the account, we will have a look at your usage pattern.

If you could also confirm by private message that you are the named account-holder as we are only authorised to discuss accounts with customers in whose name the account is.

Thanks and regards :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 32 debarran

When I checked the clock on my meter this morning it showed it was more than an hour slow - does this impact on my running cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Debarran,

Can you send me details of the account by private message and we will have a look at the usage pattern?

What we require is: the account number, name/address/telephone number on the account, and we would only be able to discuss the account with the named account-holder (for data protection/security).

Regards :)
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Meters/timeswitches are set to gmt-therefore a one hour lag is normal during this period of daylight savings time. Hope this helps.

Advertisement