Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair bleaching for already bleached (and dip dyed) hair

Options
  • 24-04-2012 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi everyone!

I have bleached and dip dyed my hair (to pink!) some time ago. As it was my first to to bleach my hair and I wasn't sure if I would like the dip dyed look, I only bleached a few inches of my hair.

Now, I want to extend the dip dye a few inched up. I didn't "top up" the colour for a weeks so it washed off quite a bit. But there is more colour in some patches than the others. So, how exactly am I going to bleach my hair in this situation? I don't want to "kill" my ends in the process.

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I use the xxl live colour in the lightest blOnde. This even when applied over dip dye in my own experience will remove the temporary colour too. Then wash ends and apply your colour pink or whatever to the ends and you should have a nice even colour.

I tried a few colours but found crazy colour the best I use fire and also have pinkissimo. I bleached the ends and find I only have to top up the fire red once a week I pop it on for five mins then wash my hair

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Thank you very much Dark Phoenix! I actually followed your advice of dip dying hair myself and it turned out great! I used the Crazy Colour Cyclamen which I really liked but I've just purchased Pinkissimo and I'm very excited about it!!

I am a colour noob so sorry for this question if it is stupid. But what will happen if I re-bleach my hair? I want to extend the bleached parts a few inches up. And even if I try not to touch/bleach the already bleached parts, there will certainly be some interaction.

And one last thing, how do you take care of your hair? What products do you use?

When i re did it it was grand it all went mid blond (I've dark brown hair). I need to re do mine so on the advice of posters here have purchased some coconut oil to apply before the bleach to protect the hair.

Normally I use redken cat about once a week it's fantastic stuff and not too expensive. I also use joico k Pak treatment for fine hair it's a dry in treatment and I find it good and great value the bottle lasts ages :)

I've cyclamen dye here but have not yet used it as I was not sure would it contrast enough with dark brown. Am debating putting fire or pinkissimo in when i re do it I like the idea of the pink but the red is such a vibrant colour Iove it.

Tesco local one had the xxlive platinum (second lightest shade) reduce to four euro - bargain :) so I picked up two

Oh and a random but really handy tip - when re dying your ends (I do mine once every 1-2 weeks to keep it bright I just re apply crazy colour) - secure the coloured ends with a small hair clip and wet the ends before you wash your hair. Apply the colour keep the clip in so it's easy to see what bit you are doing. Put the ends of hair and clip into a zip lock sandwich bag - it means you can go about your business while the colour takes and the. Just wash your hair and the colour in the meantime has dripped into the bag not on your floor !

Thanks for the tips!!

I have very dark brown hair and I LOVED Cyclamen. It is such as vibrant fuschia-pink. At the end of first week to 10 days, it resembles to red more than pink. And I re-dye it at the end of the 2nd week (except this last time).

I have been hearing wonderful things about Redken Cat. I'll definitely check that out.

• Advertisement

I decided to give it a go and mixed pinkissimo and cyclamen together and got a fab wine share love it

Glad you like the mix!

I got coconut oil and Redken Cat. I'll add these to my current regimen and try to re-strengten my hair before re-bleaching. But I can already say that coconut oil is amazing and works wonders!!!

Advertisement