Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best nappies???

Options
  • 24-04-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

we have a 1 1/2 yr old boy and every morning we wake up hes soaked!! he gets changed before he goes to bed and then again when we go to bed...he`d usually drink maybe 2 bottles,one of milk and one of juice,during the night,we have tried almost every make of nappies and nothing seems to be strong enough to hold his tsunami of wee...any advice??? cant handle the loads of washing!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Sorry but he shouldn't be getting bottles during the night. You are wrecking his teeth. Give him water only after bedtime and maybe try lidl nappies. Hopefully he will stop waking for bottles if they're just water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'd cut out the bottles during the night.. only thing that's likely to work.. cut him down to one then off altogether .. and 2nd that on the teeth.. at 18 months he shouldn't need to be drinking during the night especially juice..
    Maybe try the next size up to the nappy he's in at the moment..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

we have a 1 1/2 yr old boy and every morning we wake up hes soaked!! he gets changed before he goes to bed and then again when we go to bed...he`d usually drink maybe 2 bottles,one of milk and one of juice,during the night,we have tried almost every make of nappies and nothing seems to be strong enough to hold his tsunami of wee...any advice??? cant handle the loads of washing!!!!

Have you tried Dry nights ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Op I agree that it's probably the volume of liquid he's drinking that's the problem and not the nappies. My son is 15 months and drinks nothing during the night.

To answer your question about nappies, I find aldi nappies fantastic. I stopped buying lidl nappies because they were so bulky but got some at the weekend; they're not so bulky anymore and are as good as the aldi ones. I don't like pampers at all by comparison.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would also agree that he is nearly too old for bottles never mind bottles during the night.
    I would give him a drink before bedtime and then again with his breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Op you must be knackered getting up twice in the night a year and a half later! Is your little one thirsty? Is the air a bit dry in the room? Maybe you could look into a humidifier? Do they use a soother?

I find good aul pampers the best. I find none of the others hold the wee away from the bum as well during the night.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

+1 for Pampers, the Baby Dry ones.. great for holding the wee.

As for the 'too old for a bottle' issue that was raised.. I find these great

Tommee Tippee Explora Straw Flasks..

546010aquablue.png

I tend to fill one with milk and pop it into the corner of his cot, then if he wakes during the night he can take a drink from it and it won't spill if he falls asleep with it under his arm or something..

He doesn't usually wake up during the night but he likes to have it there for the morning time.. I always get a giggle listening to him on the monitor rummaging for it and then squealing when he finds it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Lidl nappies are the best for us. My fella has been using them since he was nine months he is nearly two now. Pampers were an absolute disaster for us never dry in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭treascon

Huggies here. Find pampers absolutely rubbish at night time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Huggies super dry or Aldi Mamia nappies for us. I find them great and rarely leak, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

found pampers useless,still waiting for my newborn gift pack, aldi have been the best so far...will defo try cutting out bottles at night,them cups with the straw are a great idea will defo try them..cheers for all the advice...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

still waiting for my newborn gift pack,

Me too, don't hold your breath ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

found pampers useless,still waiting for my newborn gift pack, aldi have been the best so far...will defo try cutting out bottles at night,them cups with the straw are a great idea will defo try them..cheers for all the advice...

this is exactly how we are with nappies

Advertisement