Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

payslips by email

Options
  • 24-04-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey

I am currently trying to get employees to receive payslips by email but not many employees are going for this. Can you make it mandatory and if so how? Or can anyone suggest different benefits so I can use to encourage employees to use email?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

If done right, It's secure. Also, they have a proper archive of slips they can access

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I presume you can notify them in advance giving them a few months notice, and that's that.

I receive my payslip by e-mail, it is a pdf page that does not appear until I put in my PIN,

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes you can do this without their consent, but I would check with your solicitor first.

We moved to supplying all payslips via an online portal a couple of years ago. Just notified everyone by email that this change was being made.
    There are no emails or notifications sent, your payslip (in fact all your payslips) are available to view and print from the day you get paid.

From what I recall, we were given the information that this is perfectly fine and covered by the relevant legislation so long as the information is made available to the employee ASAP. You don't necessarily have to give them a printed piece of paper.

But again, clear it with a solicitor before you do it.

Advertisement