Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Advice Business Start-up

Options
  • 24-04-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello,

I'm a novice at the whole business start up area and am looking for some advice please. I have an idea for a online business but I will need to speak to a solicitor to get some legal advice and documents sorted out e.g T&C's of the site etc.

My budget is limited so can anyone recommend a cheap way of getting legal advice or recommend a reasonably priced solicitor in the Galway area?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JCYSHOW

I'm not sure what type of documents/advice you require but if they are in relation to the website, the terms and conditions etc then maybe who ever you get to develop/build your site migh be able to provide that advice service.

If you require documents in relation to setting up the business itself, company registration, tax registration, contracts etc then talk to as many professional firms as you can and ask and get specific quotes for each item you require. Try the online companies that provide all the services for setting up a company these can provide an budget service also.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 oddsoxrocks

The web designers can give some advice but ultimately it's not their area of expertise. Yeah I need T&C's, privacy policy and a couple of contracts drawn up. I just wanted to be able to estimate the costs before I commit to a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JCYSHOW

The web designers can give some advice but ultimately it's not their area of expertise. Yeah I need T&C's, privacy policy and a couple of contracts drawn up. I just wanted to be able to estimate the costs before I commit to a solicitor.

Sorry not really able to help you there so. If you want any advice or help with the business set up in relation to CRO filings, accounts or tax let me know and I should be ble to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

if you are trying to keep your costs to a minimum, I would consider drafting your own T&C and privacy policy based on ideas from other websites. Just don't copy word for word obviously and possibiliy take ideas from sites in the UK, etc. to avoid any problems. You know your business better than anyone.

Have a look at the blog on our website www.companyformations.ie as there is loads of useful info for start-up's. We are happy to help you register your company also. Good luck.

Advertisement