Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Distance selling directive

• 24-04-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Could anyone point me in the direction of a case that is relevant to the above regulation? Ive managed to easily find cases for all other aspects of a project im doing but this has eluded me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Bear in mind it can be difficult to find cases on certain things as only High Court and Supreme Court cases (so over €38,100) get reported on generally.

Not to hijack the thread but where might one find cases like the OP is asking for?

EDIT: If you have access to Westlaw.ie there are a couple of articles I have just scanned though - very light on case law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Ive access from the college library but i never go there as i commute to college. I handed him a draft yesterday and i got the impression he was looking at a certain case to be included.

Its due tomorrow morning so i wont get on westlaw. Il keep scrolling and may contact one or two in class.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Bear in mind it can be difficult to find cases on certain things as only High Court and Supreme Court cases (so over €38,100) get reported on generally.

Not to hijack the thread but where might one find cases like the OP is asking for?

EDIT: If you have access to Westlaw.ie there are a couple of articles I have just scanned though - very light on case law.

You realise you just answered, asked the same question and then tried to answer the same question in three short sentences. And yet did not answer but rather confused things further. Do you type in streams of consciousness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Yes no yes butter must get the dinner on.

In all seriousness though articles must get their case law from somewhere - I am also always on the look out for things/resources I have missed. They are generally large and in great number.

Sorry I confused you Chop. I don't think I have that effect on too many here though to be fair.

EDIT: Well apart from the obvious confusion on why I'm here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭beeftotheheels

Did you try bailii.org? Will find you Irish, British, and EU cases on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement