Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare

Options
  • 24-04-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Quick question, is there any need to play the regular non-zombie game before i play this?
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All the in jokes will go right over your head if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Quick question, is there any need to play the regular non-zombie game before i play this?
    Thanks a million

YOU do realise the normal version is one of the best games you can buy. I'd definitely be playing it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Grand, thanks for that. Its just that i have the zombie one here now. I'll get my hands on the regular game. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

play the first 1 ,its well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I honestly much preferred Undead Nightmare to the proper game.

Cowboys and Zombies you say? Yes, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Undead Nightmare is the bext example of how DLC should be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Havent got this yet, love Red Dead Redemption though. Not a big fan of zombies or being scared shatless in games though, so maybe not for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Play the original RDR before playing DLC, it takes place more or less after the events of the main game bar the final mission, so you won't fully enjoy it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I wonder was I the only person on the planet who didnt really like red dead redemption
    everyone does nothing but sing its praises

• Registered Users Posts: 29,848 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wonder was I the only person on the planet who didnt really like red dead redemption

You're not alone Sir. I really really didn't enjoy it when I absolutely should have. I bought it 3 times to try and get back into it but no luck. I cleared it and played a bit of the zombie dlc but was just so boring. After the borefest that was GTA 4, I thought I was going off R* games, I hope Max Payne 3 proves me wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I didnt get into it like I would a GTA game. After completing the main story, I had no real interest in doing the side missions etc. Still havent got Undead Nightmare either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

dropped it like a hot rock once I'd completed it, but throughly enjoyed it while I was playing

not played the DLC unfort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TheFunker

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Thanks a million

While there's no need to play the original as you can buy undead nightmare on its own. But the original game is really good. You would be missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sheehy83 wrote: »
    You're not alone Sir. I really really didn't enjoy it when I absolutely should have. I bought it 3 times to try and get back into it but no luck. I cleared it and played a bit of the zombie dlc but was just so boring. After the borefest that was GTA 4, I thought I was going off R* games, I hope Max Payne 3 proves me wrong.

I was kinda the same. Bought it, played a few missions, could tell it was a good game, but just had no interest in it. Sold it. Bought it again, same thing, sold it again.

It was only when I bought it the third time (friend insisting I would like it if I gave it a proper chance). Did start to like it a bit more. Got a bit more involved with the story and focused mainly on the story rather than all the side-missions. Still only thought it was alright, but said I'd keep playing just to finish the damn thing (I owned it three times, may as well get some enjoyment out of it)

Really glad I did. Turned into a great game. Even started enjoying side-missions as it went on. Travelling from place to place can become a bit of a chore, but overall, it is a great game with some great moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

Penn wrote: »
    sheehy83 wrote: »

I was kinda the same. Bought it, played a few missions, could tell it was a good game, but just had no interest in it. Sold it. Bought it again, same thing, sold it again.

It was only when I bought it the third time (friend insisting I would like it if I gave it a proper chance). Did start to like it a bit more. Got a bit more involved with the story and focused mainly on the story rather than all the side-missions. Still only thought it was alright, but said I'd keep playing just to finish the damn thing (I owned it three times, may as well get some enjoyment out of it)

Really glad I did. Turned into a great game. Even started enjoying side-missions as it went on. Travelling from place to place can become a bit of a chore, but overall, it is a great game with some great moments.

I also felt the same way. Im not a fan of rockstars mission design or it's characters and writing style.
    I would have enjoyed a more personal story rather than the standard doing favours for random charactoers for absolutely no reason at all. I found both gta 4 and rrd very boring and I played them both to the end.

Im still hopeful for max Payne 3 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

You arent considered a real gamer until you can beat 15 waves the dead overrun game in Undead Nightmare

Advertisement