Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Signs of Pregnancy

Options
  • 24-04-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am in a bit of a muddle and I guess only time will tell but I just need to share my thoughts with someone. Ok, I can't work when I got my period - it was either the last week of March or the first week in April. Anyway I am bleeding a bit at the moment, it's like a very light period so if I did get my period on March 27th lets say it would just be my period.

However if I started my period on April 3rd, it's quite possibly an implantation bleed and I did have sex about three days before ovulating (if my sums are correct) and we did have sex for a while without a condom (I was really drunk and I honestly can't remember if he came but I know there was definitely some silly behaviour).

Now I know I have to wait a few days before I can find out but my question is how do I hold myself together before I do? I have a family event this weekend and its going look odd if I don't drink. I know for a fact my Mum will guess straight away and I just can't handle her reaction (especially if its positive, because I am 90% sure what I must do).

Any advice would be really nice.

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

A "hangover" from the previous night out is one to try if you want to avoid detection. I used that and it worked well - it was a family gathering and told them I had a huge session the night before with mates and stuck to lucozade, and I think I got away with it.

I used the antibiotic excuse and it fooled nobody. I also used becks non alcoholic in a glass too, so people thought I was drinking, or cranberry purporting to be vodka-cranberry. Trouble is people buying you drinks though.

On the other hand, with either dates you have, you may still get an early positive on a very sensitive test, depending on using it with your first morning urine. Clearblue and First Response are ones to try. I know women who have tested positive as early as 9 days past ovulation.

Advertisement