Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 to .17HMR

Options
  • 24-04-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi,

I currently have a ruger 10.22 and I am considering trading it in for a CZ 455 .17HMR. I'm wondering can I transfer my licence? I know its not like for like, but I've well over a year left on my .22 licence.

Or would I have to cancel my .22 licence and apply fresh for a .17hmr?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

All down to your super but it shouldnt really be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Cannot see why not. it is from a SA to a BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭beretta391

of course ya can. serious rifle the cz455 in hmr, had one but had to let it go

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

beretta391 wrote: »
    of course ya can. serious rifle the cz455 in hmr, had one but had to let it go
    i have a 455 thumbhole 17 and its a fantastic yoke.Have 2500 rounds through it and its a smasher.shes a bit heavy once you stick on a decent scope,bipod etc so im actually looking for something like a 10/22 maybe in magnum for the smaller work.How acurate was yours at 100 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭beretta391

yea bit heavy with all on it, found it fairly accurate, never tried it on paper but hit the rabbits where i wanted to hit, was sorry to see it go, beautiful rifle well finished, i would hold on to it mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

beretta391 wrote: »
    yea bit heavy with all on it, found it fairly accurate, never tried it on paper but hit the rabbits where i wanted to hit, was sorry to see it go, beautiful rifle well finished, i would hold on to it mate.
    Oh yeah I'll be keeping her for my main shooter was thinking of the semi auto for the short distance smaller permissions

Advertisement