Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gillian Riley "Eating Less - Say goodbye to overeating"

Options
2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I find for me that eating certain food provides the mindset that the book describes.

I'm rarely hungry, I'm not craving anything, if I eat anything off plan I don't torture myself with guilt.

I'd disagree with the point that everyone can eat wheat and keep hunger in check. I just *can not* moderate wheat. It brings on ravenous hunger with ridiculous predictability in my experience.

I think it's probably down to the inherent reward value.

Still an interesting book nonetheless if it helps people get out of the 'diet' mentality and into a 'lifestyle' mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mackers1001

hi there, I'd love to meet up with genuinely interested people on this (not the knockers). I went to a weekend seminar about two weeks ago and really found it brilliant, and I am no swayer..I'm not easily led, it is superb..however I am back to my old ways as unfortunately I need the support of others to keep the momentum going, everything makes sense and believe me I'm not an Alan Carr follower or any pop psychology self help vague theory person

• Registered Users Posts: 12 WiserWays

hi Mackers!

You went to a weekend seminar? How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

hi there, I'd love to meet up with genuinely interested people on this (not the knockers). I went to a weekend seminar about two weeks ago and really found it brilliant, and I am no swayer..I'm not easily led, it is superb..however I am back to my old ways as unfortunately I need the support of others to keep the momentum going, everything makes sense and believe me I'm not an Alan Carr follower or any pop psychology self help vague theory person
    I only turned up for the knockers, disappointed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement