Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post rates going up May 1st

Options
  • 24-04-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Just happened to be checking postal rates today and noticed packet and parcel rates are going up on May 1st (PDF).

Apparently, there's increases and reductions, though from what I can see everything's either the same or gone up.

Hadn't heard much about it, might be of interest to anyone else who posts stuff regularly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

MOH wrote: »
    Just happened to be checking postal rates today and noticed packet and parcel rates are going up on May 1st (PDF).

Apparently, there's increases and reductions, though from what I can see everything's either the same or gone up.

Hadn't heard much about it, might be of interest to anyone else who posts stuff regularly.

Funny, I did the exact same thing earlier, just happened to ask for a list of rates and the chap told me there is an increase on its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CUSHAMILLION

Yes..their website as of 9am 30/04/12 show the €1.35 for large envelope gone to €1.50..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Would this be connected to the Royal Mail increase. That was in the news for the past couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Would this be connected to the Royal Mail increase. That was in the news for the past couple of weeks.

I'd say more connected to the huge increase in diesel and the drop in volumes due to huge increase in email invoicing. - Most of my suppliers now email invoices & statements.

Problem is, An Post still ahve to offer a daily delivery servcie to even the far flung corners and gov subsidy for this has also been cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

No increase for years...just price hikes like everything else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Postal rates gone up again this morning, by 13% or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

As of this morning 60 cent is now gone upto 68 cent.
    If you post to the uk it's gone from 90 cent to 1 euro,

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

While I have very little to complain about An Post's actual service, this latest price increase is going to seriously affect our ability to compete. Royal Mail have business accounts our UK competitors enjoy with huge discounts. An Post clearly are so behind the times and have no regard for business. We're seriously looking at couriering our EU bound mail up north to access Royal Mail.

Advertisement