Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Compound Workout

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Average at best. I dunno why people fear isolation so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Hanley wrote: »

A wise man once said...
    Earn the right to isolate ........... FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Personally, I don't fear them. But I've been hearing how important it is to build a strong core, and compound exercises seem to be a good way of going about it. It sounds reasonable so I'm gonna give it a go.

I came across that one last night and thought it sounded okay. I'm a rookie when it comes to muscle groups, etc, so I thought I'd ask for a second opinion on here.

What makes it average, exactly? Just for future reference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Personally, I don't fear them. But I've been hearing how important it is to build a strong core, and compound exercises seem to be a good way of going about it. It sounds reasonable so I'm gonna give it a go.

I came across that one last night and thought it sounded okay. I'm a rookie when it comes to muscle groups, etc, so I thought I'd ask for a second opinion on here.

What makes it average, exactly? Just for future reference.

There's a hell of a lot of internal shoulder rotation (dips, benching, inclines, upright rows and f*ck all external rotation (rows).

There's a hell of a lot of internal shoulder rotation (dips, benching, inclines, upright rows and f*ck all external rotation (rows).

Cool. I'll make a note of that. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Hi. I'm just wondering what people think of this compound workout from Bodybuilding.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw46.htm

Too many Tuesday will make your spine explode.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Too many Tuesday will make your spine explode.
    After inevitably becoming confined to a wheelchair from a few weeks of doing 2 squat and deadlift variations on the same day, you will build a powerful upper body from using it as your sole means of locomotion. A hidden arms day of sorts.

I came across this last night. It seems to be more balanced.

http://oldschooltrainer.com/3-day-push-pull-legs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Hello.

Lyle McDonald, GBR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

can someone go into some detail on exercises for external rotation of shoulder/arm and mobility exercises?

http://jameshanley.ie/index.php/2012/04/15/10-tips-for-healthier-shoulders/

some of these seem to work ext rotation i think

• Advertisement
Advertisement