Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV DIY System

Options
  • 24-04-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

http://www.axaplus.ie/starbuy-did-cctv.htm?newsletter=yes

Could someone on here care to comment on this DIY system. Quality of cameras? How many TV lines are they? Does it have motion detection ? What is the make of the system?
    Would I be better off going somewhere else for a better system. Just want something to cover front and back of house – nothing too fancy.

Thanks

AleoN

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I cant see what the frame rate is for the recorder.
    It should be at least 100fps.
    500gb hard drive is fine as well,
    720 TVL is good for the cameras. Downside is they are fixed lens & not vari focal.
    It also doesn't seem to include a monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cyberblade 918c

if I could find it on the d.i.d site Id nearly buy it ..... going to give them a buzz tomorrow - 500gb included in that price not to be sniffed at...

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

AleoN wrote: »
    http://www.axaplus.ie/starbuy-did-cctv.htm?newsletter=yes

Could someone on here care to comment on this DIY system. Quality of cameras? How many TV lines are they? Does it have motion detection ? What is the make of the system?
    Would I be better off going somewhere else for a better system. Just want something to cover front and back of house – nothing too fancy.

Thanks

AleoN

Hmmm I cant hekp but notice its an insurance company promotion. Interesting... If CCTV fitted do AXA offer any reduction in your house premium?

Advertisement