Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGDE - Incredibly confused...

Options
  • 24-04-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭

Hi.. My first year as an arts student in UCD is coming to a close and I've decided to go on after the 3rd year and pursue a career in secondary teaching. The thing is that all I've hear are myths and rumors about the PGDE (H.Dip?!) and I was hoping someone could help me with these questions..

Do I need to get a certain grade in order to be eligible for the PGDE or is it just a lottery?

If I do not get at least X grade then does that just mean there is less of a chance I will get it/I will have to wait longer or does it become impossible to get it?

How/when do I apply for it (second year/third year) ?

And finally, can I repeat my exams in august if I don't get the required grade?

Thanks a lot for anyone help anybody can provide!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Since you didn't get feedback I'll try to answer some of your questions.

You will need a certain grade, entry is based on a points system related to your degree results.
    Without the required points you won't get in, similar to CAO system.
    You apply in December in your final year to PAC (Postgraduate Applications Centre).
    You would have to clear the repeat situation with UCD I'm not familiar with that.

Read the information on the PAC website with regard to this year's applications
    http://www.pac.ie//main.php?inst=pe&ln=e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Ahhh I see.. Thanks a lot! :)

Advertisement