Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Broadband

• 24-04-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I had a Utv broadband call to my home yesterday. I'm in North county Dublin. I didn't sign up but decided to research them online to see what quality of broadband/ service they offer. Currently with vodafone and for the most its okay.
    However can find very little feedback online about Utv Broadband.
    Anyone with experience of them positive or otherwise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

from my experience i'll say stay away.

to be fair i had no problems with them for about 5 or 6 years, but have had some serious quality issues recently and have found their customer service to be very poor also.

there are a number of threads in this forum from the last month or so. don't have a link for them but a search should bring them up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hard to believe now but UTV were once the darlings of boards with excellent almost unique customer service and innovative products.

Sadly that era ended and was replaced by a sort of "cute hoorism" IIRC UTV were the first company to insist on additional 12 month contract for even relatively small upgrades and as far as I know they are the only company to apply a "ransom" charge in that you have to pay to leave them even when you have completed your contract.

They also (and may still have!) a tendency to blame Eircom for everything. I once had one of their CSR's blame Eircom for a billing error. It became a reflex for them.

Recently they have "adjusted" their cap.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77254751.

If you are considering moving and are on one of the right exchanges then Smart's new deal may be worth considering.

Advertisement