Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk in X-Ray service

Options
  • 24-04-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure where exactly to post this so apologies if in the wrong place!

I recently visited my physio and he informed me that an old injury (end Jan) is indeed a fracture. Back in Jan when it happened it was extremley painful alright, brusied very badly afterwards for a week or so and then once I could move my hand again I just ignored it :) as you do!

He has now recommended that I get an x-ray to check that it is healing correctly. He said that if it's not, I would be better to get it rebroken and fixed properly. He doesn't think it is as seemingly bone fractures take around 10 wks to heal and mine is still very sore.

Can anyone recommend a walk in clinic (prefably Dublin city centre) for x-rays? I know that Euromedic do them but think you need a doctor referral and I don't have the time (or money) this week to go to my doctor first.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

You cannot have an x-ray done without a referring letter or request card signed by a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

kelle wrote: »
    You cannot have an x-ray done without a referring letter or request card signed by a doctor.

+1 Otherwise the nutters and hypochondriacs would flood the radiology departments looking to be x-rayed for imaginary injuries and illnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

You can go to a swiftcare clinic but you'll pay through the nose (something like 125+90).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Or how about the sports injury clinic in Santry ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Dublin City

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There is Charter Medical on Smithfield Market, D7, 85 Euro for an X Ray, but you need a referral letter from your GP.

I went there last year, and they are quite decent.

Advertisement