Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bury....rilliant

Options
  • 24-04-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi lads I started a new save with Bury FC, a league one club that have only been promoted so they are favourites to go straight back down to league 2. The main reason I choose to manage bury was because they have Man City as their parent club. I knew I could loan u18 players for free so set my season expectations as a top half finish.

Only was expected to get to the second round in both F.A cup and League cup and I got to the third in both so the board were happy with my performance. In the Johnstones Paint trophy I was expected to get to the 4th round and I got to the semi-final of the northern section, again a good result.

My best performance though was in the league, finishing 6th getting a playoff position just by goal difference. I beat Walsall 6-3 in aggregate in the semi-final of the playoffs, and then I arrived at Wembley with a pressure match against Tranmere. There was no need for me to be worried as I humiliated them with a 5-1 victory.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

So bury in the championship, could it be a third promotion in 3 years?? Again I didn’t get too much of a transfer so I had to go bargain hunting.

Players like Bowyer and Petrucci (United flop) were great free transfers, also signing Luis Garcia ex Liverpool man was a great signing as his experience is crucial, he couldn't be registered to January though. Hilario ex Chelsea no 2 came available in January and had to be snapped up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

Again I was favourite to be relegated but my performance last season left me over confident, so I set my expectations as mid table finish. This seems to be a distant dream as I am in the regelation spots and cannot win a match to save my life. I am currently at the end of January, without a win in twelve and the team is in free fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Championship is much harder to get results in than League 1. If you move up the leagues too quickly you get to a stage where every single team is better than you. So depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I love Bury. I had an incredible run with them on FM11. Took them from League Two to the Prem in eight seasons, iirc. I have a few posts about them on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Have played with Bury in past seasons due to my cousin playing for them, went with Wycombe in my latest game and looks like for the first time ever it's going to take more than 2 seasons to go up to the Championship, this is interesting...

• Advertisement
Advertisement