Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D J Carey very il

Options
  • 24-04-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I just heard on the radio DJ Carey was rushed to hospital anyone know whats wrong ?
    Hope he gets well soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Nerves I'd say. it was in the Sunday mirror that his ex girlfriend the dragons den ex expert is claiming that there is 1 million missing from one of his companies . In saying all that I really hope he feels better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Reports of a suspected heart attack http://www.independent.ie/national-news/kilkenny-hurling-legend-dj-carey-rushed-to-hospital-3090588.html

I've heard a rumour earlier on today regarding the reason of him being hospitalised, before this news broke which I hope is not true.

Hope DJ gets well soon, Kilkenny legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Maybee it's "resting in one of his accounts" :-)

Not really appropriate given the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Green Brigade

Hope he makes a quick recovery, absolute legend round these parts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Never a fan of bogball but hope it's not serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Get well soon DJ. A great sportman and we wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Get well soon DJ.

mousehouse wrote: »
    Apparently he when he was taken ill - he was in the Garda station reporting an assault. As much as I dont like him as a person, I do hope he recovers and gets back on his feet soon.

DJ has always came across as a gentleman to me and anyone else I know who has met him. I've never heard anyone say anything like this about him before.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Scallion 'ater

mousehouse wrote: »
    As much as I dont like him as a person, I do hope he recovers and gets back on his feet soon.

Completly inappropriate comment in the circumstances. Surprised to see so much nasty speculation on here.

Get well soon DJ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

People are entitled to say they aren't keen on someone and still wish them well.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    People are entitled to say they aren't keen on someone and still wish them well.

I agree, I am though intrigued by the remark, as I have never heard anyone speak of him in this way.

Mousehouse is entitled to his/her opinion I just find it goes very much against the grain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

ft9 wrote: »
    I agree, I am though intrigued by the remark, as I have never heard anyone speak of him in this way.

Mousehouse is entitled to his/her opinion I just find it goes very much against the grain.
    different strokes different folks, I've never liked another KK hurler doesn mean he's not grand to other chaps

Arawn wrote: »
    different strokes different folks, I've never liked another KK hurler doesn mean he's not grand to other chaps

I'll take a wild guess at T.Walsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭domkk

What sort of tunez does/did he play? Never heard of him to he honest. Can't have been that good a dj!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Hope he gets well soon, although I'd imagine he still has a decent level of fitness to get through it quickly.
    domkk wrote: »
    What sort of tunez does/did he play? Never heard of him to he honest. Can't have been that good a dj!

If you're going to make inappropriate jokes could they at least be funny. I know he's not dead but some people don't appreciate that sort of humor (as per reported posts).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm from the same village as Dj and I hope and pray he'll be back on his feet soon. Could people have a bit of decorum please and leave his private life out of it. It's nothing to do with ye after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

KKkitty wrote: »
    I'm from the same village as Dj and I hope and pray he'll be back on his feet soon. Could people have a bit of decorum please and leave his private life out of it. It's nothing to do with ye after all.
    Either is the fact that the man had a heart attack and yet people still commented

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Arawn wrote: »
    KKkitty wrote: »
    Either is the fact that the man had a heart attack and yet people still commented
    The thread is about Dj being ill not about money missing from an account he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You know someone will just make a new thread now....... Get well soon DJ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

Decided I'd have a look at this thread just to see who couldn't resist being unpleasant and/or a smartass. There's always one, isn't there? But how sad to see that so many posters showed exactly how small-minded they are.

Congrats in particular to Misterdeeds for utter crassness, Mousehouse for bringing himself/herself into it (why couldn't you just wish DJ well and leave it at that?) and Domkk for childishness. And Catbear, what was that supercilious and inaccurate "bogball" reference about?

Not a thread that shows regulars here in a good light.

Mankbag wrote: »
    ] And Catbear, what was that supercilious and inaccurate "bogball" reference about?
    If you have to ask what I'm referring to then why are you are being supercilious by saying I'm being supercilious and inaccurate?

Bog off with yourself. Any news on DJ?

speaking of:
    http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/community/kilkenny-hurling-legend-dj-carey-is-fine-and-released-from-hospital-1-3771884?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

"Bog off with yourself" - a supremely cogent and well argued response! Is this really the best you can do?

It's as much as you deserve.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cut out the snipping, with a thread on a person you're gonna have to expect a little bit of discussion away from the incident in hand. The odd bit of humor isn't a bad thing but so long as it's appropriate, I wouldn't get offended by some of the jokes made but a lot of people do as it's a sensitive issue, so please keep this in consideration.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hope DJ gets better soon :)

He's fine and has been released from hospital.

/Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I have no opinions on what happened really. I just think if somebody dislikes a person they should be able to say so politely without people jumping down their necks just because they're well known.
    And yes I, I realize the jokes are distasteful or whatever so dont mistake this post as supporting them.

Advertisement