Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers / Soundbar for 22" LED TV

Options
  • 24-04-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Does anyone have a recommendation for a pair of wall mountable speakers / small soundbar to enhance the tinny sound from a 22" LED TV?

Ideally a soundbar that could be wall mounted under the TV would be great but most are 800-900mm wide and I don't have space for a subwoofer. This TV is in the kitchen so nothing too elaborate is needed.

Have a budget of around €200. The TV itself is 530mm wide.

Any pointers or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lansing

Thanks cnocbui.

Any idea how is the volume adjusted? I don't see any dedicated control for volume. Is is controlled from the TV?

It also mentions that a separate subwoofer can be added if extra bass is required. Any idea if its necessary or is the bass from the pair of speakers sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The speaker specs are 73-18khz so that should be perfectly adequate. Going lower with a subwoofer will cost more. The Genelec site shows the matched subwoofer.

They are active speakers so need mains power. You would plug them into the headphone output socket of the TV and use the headphone volume control on the TV to change the sound level.

You would plug them into the headphone output socket of the TV and use the headphone volume control on the TV to change the sound level.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. Only issue I see with that is the headphone volume control is way down in a sound sub-menu on the TV. So changing the volume quickly would be a little cumbersome.

I guess that means I should add another criteria, the speaker must have a remote control to adjust the volume but I'm probably pushing my luck on getting that.

Just did a quick internet search and I think these are priced for a single speaker - not for the pair.

Check out this site:
    http://www.soundexposure.com/store/Genelec-6010A-BLACK.html?gclid=CO-W0ZuU0K8CFUoa4QodkVT3FA

£199 here but mentions that they are priced singularly!

• Advertisement
Advertisement