Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Place to get ground Coffee in Limerick City

• 24-04-2012 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Coffee is getting very expensive just wondering is there any coffee places that sell their own ground beans in a bag. Physically cant go near the instant stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

French's on Catherine Street.
    Ponaire in the Milk Market (Friday and Saturday anyway, not sure about during the week).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Mr E wrote: »
    French's on Catherine Street.
    Ponaire in the Milk Market (Friday and Saturday anyway, not sure about during the week).

Can you buy ground coffee from French's?

Yes, they sell the whole beans and can grind for you if you want.

Their website is www.coffeebeans.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Ponaire are also out in the annacotty industrial estate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Harpers I think sell bagged badger and dodo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Ponaire's coffee is good but its not cheap if anything its to expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Yeah got some from harpers last weekend, good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Where's harpers? Aldi specially selected java, and Tesco own brand ground do me fine but its nice to try something new every now and then.

Ponaire serve out coffee waaaay too hot for my taste in the market. But I have made some nice coffee at home from their ground stuff. But recession recession like, can't afford their prices all the time!

Ah just realised, harpers is at the corner in the market, used to be cafe kaos? That was some good strong coffee there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

What are their prices like?

I'm running into town in a few minutes to meet with Insectoid girl, I'll run down that way and check for you and let you know! :)

• Advertisement

Think I just saw a glitch in the matrix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Or you could just buy your own coffee grinder - there are lots of good electric ones around. I think coffee lasts longer in bean form than in powder form as well.

250g badger and dodo selection €7.50
    1kg red rock espresso blend €23
    1kg yellow bourbon espresso blend €24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

The Snipe wrote: »
    250g badger and dodo selection €7.50
    1kg red rock espresso blend €23
    1kg yellow bourbon espresso blend €24

Not exactly cheap....
    Lavazza which I always get is around 5 or 6 euro for 250gram In tesco or dunnes which is a rip off.
    1.55 In France last summer for same...brought back 20 bags last time!!
    There's a nice one in lidl... Forget the name but it's about €2.50 for 200g.
    I looked at prices in ponaire and though it was on the expensive side.

The wild onion do it (I've heard it's good) and I see they are still selling it in their new location but I'd expect the price to be high too....
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The Cofesa stuff French's sell is absolutely divine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

The Cofesa stuff French's sell is absolutely divine!

On Catherine street where they do the crepes??...haven't been in there in a few years, was a woeful kip back then.

Still looks like the greasy spoon at the end of the UK apprentice. Don't let that put you off though. Coffee is really really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

martyc5674 wrote: »
    On Catherine street where they do the crepes??...haven't been in there in a few years, was a woeful kip back then.

Yeah, there. I'm a regular of their sister cafe in UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Timclements

hi all Cafe cupcake in henry street they have sagafredo brand and they are the only ones selling it in limerick its very nice and the price is good too they sell it by the block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

hi all Cafe cupcake in henry street they have sagafredo brand and they are the only ones selling it in limerick its very nice and the price is good too they sell it by the block.
    How much is a "block", and what price? Incidentally, somebody posted earlier about Lavazza being €5 or €6 for 250g. It's €6.50 for a twinpack (500g), and they sometimes have promotional three-packs marked "50% extra free". That's when I usually stock up... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Timclements

peckerhead wrote: »
    How much is a "block", and what price? Incidentally, somebody posted earlier about Lavazza being €5 or €6 for 250g. It's €6.50 for a twinpack (500g), and they sometimes have promotional three-packs marked "50% extra free". That's when I usually stock up... ;)

hi there its €6.50 a pack

peckerhead wrote: »
    Yeah, the Lazavva packs on promo are a good deal.
    There was a time I would have paid the higher prices for the small packs of high end brands but can't be justified very often anymore unfortunately.

Tesco own brand Italian blend is good value, especially in the bigger pack.
    Aldi have several nice packs, Italian blend again is good IMO. Lidl "fairtrade" is OK too. Aldi have a big 400g pack "alcafe original blend" with a "great taste gold 2012" sticker on it for a very good price too - haven't tried it yet.

Might have a lash of the Segafredo alright though. Good to mix it up every now and then!

Advertisement