Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone carrier in the UK

• 24-04-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Probably the wrong forum, but apple related.

I just got confirmation from Apple that my iPhone is set to unlock. To complete, connect my iPhone to itunes with a SIM never used in the iPhone before.

The reason i needed it unlocked is so I could use the phone in the UK, and use another SIM. Using the phone with O2 Ireland was killing me on data usage, and I go there every few weeks.

I am planning to go again soon, so need to unlock it to run an UK carrier SIM card. If I put a microsim in my phone from any network UK or Irish, will it always accept the sim from any network that I want to use?

Thanks in advance
    Lord Nikon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yeah once it's unlocked you can use any sim in it at any time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Just as an alternative I use a mifi dongle from 3 uk when I'm in the uk. If its just for data then you won't need to mess around with sims and you will still receive calls on your phone via your Irish number.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

sorry to jump onto your thread but i thought this better than starting a new one!

i'm going to be travelling to england for work over the coming months and it's not really worth my time getting an english sim. which carrier in ireland does the best deal in terms of data roaming in the UK? i think it's 3 that offer the same data prices but was wondering has anyone had experience with travelling and using an iphone abroad and whether they would recommend a particular carrier.

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

ashleey wrote: »
    Just as an alternative I use a mifi dongle from 3 uk when I'm in the uk. If its just for data then you won't need to mess around with sims and you will still receive calls on your phone via your Irish number.

Tell me more :) How do i get one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭wickan

wez99950 wrote: »
    sorry to jump onto your thread but i thought this better than starting a new one!

i'm going to be travelling to england for work over the coming months and it's not really worth my time getting an english sim. which carrier in ireland does the best deal in terms of data roaming in the UK? i think it's 3 that offer the same data prices but was wondering has anyone had experience with travelling and using an iphone abroad and whether they would recommend a particular carrier.

thanks!

Three is the best for data usage in the uk or Vodafone but I think they have changed it to 2.99 a day now!

• Advertisement

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Tell me more :) How do i get one?

When you are there you can buy one in 3 shop pay as you go. If you have a uk delivery address then you can order one on three.co.uk

Advertisement