Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modded wii, game save, and Dolphin question.

• 24-04-2012 7:26pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

I had a softmodded wii and ran my games off a hard-drive. I modded the wii using the Indiana Jones method. I got most of the way through Skyward sword on the modded wii, and would like to know if the save file is likely on the SD card I used to mod the wii, or on my external hard drive. I don't have the wii anymore, but I still have the hard drive. Would it be possible to extract that save file? If so, could I then use it to finish the game using the Dolphin PC emulator?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andy!! wrote: »
    I had a softmodded wii and ran my games off a hard-drive. I modded the wii using the Indiana Jones method. I got most of the way through Skyward sword on the modded wii, and would like to know if the save file is likely on the SD card I used to mod the wii, or on my external hard drive. I don't have the wii anymore, but I still have the hard drive. Would it be possible to extract that save file? If so, could I then use it to finish the game using the Dolphin PC emulator?

Thanks in Advance.

The save-file won't be on the hdd, & I think it's unlikely to be on the sd card. Afaik, things like this are stored on the Wii's internal memory, I may be wrong...maybe someone else can clarify?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Yep its held on the internal memory.

There are savegame managers out there that can make a copy of the save but i dont think it is compatable with Dolphin

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Faaaack. Thanks guys. Looks like I'm gonna be watching the rest of the game on youtube. Unless there is an online depository somewhere for dolphin game saves lol.

Wii savestates is prob your only hope, incase you ever get another Wii. Be a shame to watch the end of such a fine game on YT :(

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960633-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/saves

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

EnterNow wrote: »
    Wii savestates is prob your only hope, incase you ever get another Wii. Be a shame to watch the end of such a fine game on YT :(

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960633-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/saves

I got a little sick of it tbh. Game was full of filler. Cheers for that link.

• Advertisement

Andy!! wrote: »
    I got a little sick of it tbh. Game was full of filler. Cheers for that link.

I bought the limited edition with gold wiimote. I havn't opened it yet, might keep it sealed & sell it in about 40 years & retire to my own private island :rolleyes::p

Advertisement