Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Ballyroe Heights Hotel are looking for waiters/waitresses preferably with 2-3 years experience and must be able to work morning/evening shifts.

email your CV to info@ballyroe.com for the attention of manager Patrick Windle.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Burger King up in Manor, Tralee are looking for staff. Apply with CV

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Ballyroe Heights Hotel are looking for waiters/waitresses preferably with 2-3 years experience and must be able to work morning/evening shifts.

email your CV to info@ballyroe.com for the attention of manager Patrick Windle.

2-3 years for a feckin waitress. No wonder young people can't get jobs. I used to be a waiter in a hotel. Started accidentally one night when they were crazy busy. Got a 15 minute crash course and got on grand. You could train a monkey do to the job. 2 years experience is a joke and just lazy by the employer.

I know you're not affiliated to the hotel so my rant isn't aimed at you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Teddy Dalton

dobman88 wrote: »
    2-3 years for a feckin waitress. No wonder young people can't get jobs. I used to be a waiter in a hotel. Started accidentally one night when they were crazy busy. Got a 15 minute crash course and got on grand. You could train a monkey do to the job. 2 years experience is a joke and just lazy by the employer.

unfortunately employers can afford to pick and choose now because of the high levels of unemployment even among those with experience and qualifications. I'm lucky to have got a part time job (very part time as little as 5 hours some weeks) for the summer because my parents knew the owners so I'm hoping that this summer work will help me in finding something more permanent for the year. fingers crossed that with the amount of emigration and hopefully soon rising employment figures we'll see less and less of these cherry picking type wanted ads for entry level jobs.

I can see where you are coming from, but as an employer myself, I would require experience in the area as I wouldn't have time to basically stand by someone's side for hours on end to train them in. If they have already had experience, I can give them the training required for our particular business & keep an eye on them etc, but not hold their hand all day long! Of course then people lie on Cv's and say they have that much experience, and then when you hire them, they haven't the first clue....as I found out recently!:(

• Advertisement

I can see where you are coming from, but as an employer myself, I would require experience in the area as I wouldn't have time to basically stand by someone's side for hours on end to train them in. If they have already had experience, I can give them the training required for our particular business & keep an eye on them etc, but not hold their hand all day long! Of course then people lie on Cv's and say they have that much experience, and then when you hire them, they haven't the first clue....as I found out recently!:(

Yeah I know there's no sure fire way to deal with these things. Especially the training part. But a waitress in a hotel would have a team around them to show them the ropes. Usually a waitress who's been working for a few years would be nominated to train newbies up.

My sister got a job in a Killarney hotel. Never so much as laid the table at home and was working on her own after 2 weeks. I know this because I got her the job and my friend trained her in.

I know some jobs require more formal and hands on training than that but 2-3 years for waiting is very excessive imo.

Yeah I know there's no sure fire way to deal with these things. Especially the training part. But a waitress in a hotel would have a team around them to show them the ropes. Usually a waitress who's been working for a few years would be nominated to train newbies up.

My sister got a job in a Killarney hotel. Never so much as laid the table at home and was working on her own after 2 weeks. I know this because I got her the job and my friend trained her in.

I know some jobs require more formal and hands on training than that but 2-3 years for waiting is very excessive imo.

It's one job I've never done, that & bar work so not sure how well I'd do if I was thrown into it! But that's not to say I wouldn't give it a go. I probably would be OK though, eventually! 😊

It's one job I've never done, that & bar work so not sure how well I'd do if I was thrown into it! But that's not to say I wouldn't give it a go. I probably would be OK though, eventually! 😊

You'd be grand. I worked in bars and hotels since I was 15 up until last year when I was 26. It's the easiest job. 90% is just being nice to people. Everything else you'll pick up.

Mozarts in Tralee are looking for staff.

Waiting Staff
    Part Time
    Duties to include customer service/care, cash handling, order taking and light cleaning/clearing of tables. A minimum of 1 years experience is essential. Knowledge of HACCP procedures an advantage. A good command of the English language is essential.
    Apply:
    To apply please call: 066 7127977 or apply in person with CV to Mozarts Restaurant, 4 Ashe Street, Tralee, Co Kerry.

Carphone Warehouse in the Square, Tralee are looking for staff - sign in their window.

Gloria Jeans coffee shop in Manor Shopping Centre, Tralee, also looking for staff - sign on counter in-store.

• Advertisement

Benners Hotel, Tralee, are currently recruiting for a Food & Beverage Assistant & a Senior Bar Person. The successful candidates must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role, have an excellent knowledge of Food & Beverage, must be flexible. If you have all the requirements for any of the above positions, please forward your CV to info@bennershoteltralee.ie

I got a phone call from the Killarney Plaza today asking me if I wanted a bar job. I didn't apply for a job there and I haven't seen an advert anywhere (I worked in the Malton for 2 and a half years and various bars in town for 8 years) but may be worth checking out if you have relevant experience.

The Playdium in Manor West, Tralee are looking for a Senior Supervisor/ Team Leader to assist in the day to day management of Kerry's most popular Soft Play Centre. All interested candidates should forward a short CV and cover letter to admin@theplaydium.ie

https://www.facebook.com/ThePlaydium/?fref=ts

Ballyroe Heights Hotel, Tralee have the following positions available:
    - Duty Manager
    - Chef de Partie
    Please submit your CV to Jonathan Collins General Manager jonathan@ballyroe.com

https://www.facebook.com/BallyroeHeightsHotel/?fref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Retail-Fashion-Manager-Tralee-7707610.aspx

Not sure who the retailer is but they are seeking a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Gormal

The Roast House Tralee, Part-Time Staff Required For Christmas Period. Apply in Person and ask to see Ronan or Linda. On their facebook page.

Dominos Pizza are looking for drivers; taken from their FB page

We are looking for in-store workers as well as delivery drivers in both Killarney and Tralee.

Drivers must have their own car, full licence and be over-18.

To apply, send your CV to dominospizzakerry@gmail.com

Quite a few listed here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Gloria Jeans in Tralee and Killarney and new Mountain Warehouse store in Tralee are seeking staff

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1501641

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1500423

Tralee jobs newsletter showing updated vacancies also.

http://traleeles.ie/job-seeker/newsletter/

• Advertisement

The Brogue in Tralee are looking for waiting staff.

A few places in Tralee town are looking for staff, I saw signs in their windows.

Dealz, CEX in the Mall, Coffee Start in the Mall & The Brogue.

A few places in Tralee town are looking for staff, I saw signs in their windows.

Dealz, CEX in the Mall, Coffee Start in the Mall & The Brogue.

I just saw this on FB so I've copied the text:

The Grand Hotel Tralee are looking for a new receptionist. Experience essential. This is a full time position. Contact Eileen at info@grandhoteltralee.com

Carpet Rite in Manor retail park are looking for a part-time sales person. Sign up in their window.

Ballybunion Health & Leisure Centre are looking at hiring another staff member with the following;

Swim teaching
    Lifeguard
    Gym instructor
    Ability to do classes

Hours are mainly evenings and Saturday mornings. Please pm their facebook page for more details

TOPSHOP are now recruiting for a permanent 8hr contract. Please call in store to Debenhams, Manor West Retail Park, Tralee.

Statoil in Killarney are looking for staff. Can't remember their new name now but it's on park road anyway beside McDonald's.

Also, this time of year is a good time to get a CV in to bars hotels restaurants etc. They will be looking for summer staff but they will also need staff for Paddys day so if you can get in for Paddys you could get full time hours for summer. Loads of people leave it too late and apply after paddys which I could never understand.

• Advertisement

Kingdom Installations - Cavity Wall and Attic Insulation Installers wanted.

The job involves installing insulation in both cavity walls and attic's carrying out all work to a very high standard.

Knowledge of insulation and previous installation experience is an advantage.

Must have a full clean B licence.

C licence an added advantage.

Email C.V to enquiries@kingdominstallation.com

https://www.facebook.com/kingdominstallation.net/?fref=ts

Advertisement