Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Much Do You Live on a Month?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Kolido wrote: »
    Back at home until next month so no bills. So at the moment about 3.5 / 4k.

How does one manage to spend 1K a week afters bills?
    Teach 27 hours of English a week for $3350 net. Took on some well paid privates. :)

Your making $124 an hour teaching English?

I don't have any major bills at the minute and I most definitely don't spend it all every week. Feck that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Aboout €1600 after rent, ESB, Gas, UPC and loan repayments.
    Work pay for my car/petrol and phone, so that's two hefty expenses covered as well.

Still manage to have it all gone each month, feck knows how though..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

antodeco wrote: »
    That's all I have per week!!

Peasant ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

After my two expenses, rent and ESB (and UPC but that's only 40e a month) could be anything between 80e or 400e - max - but due to the nature of my work I can't predict how much I'll earn week to week so always have to be prepared for more frugal times. Living on the dole definitely taught me that I can live off very little if I need to and it's not so scary. I have no debts, car, mortgage or kids to worry about so I'm thankful for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

OP, this thread could probably do with a poll. Im about 800-900. Damn fecking car. Grr..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

After rent, bills and savings around 900 a month.

Come dec a few small loans shall be gone and that should rise considerably :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

maximoose wrote: »
    After rent, bills and savings around 900 a month.

Come dec a few small loans shall be gone and that should rise considerably :)

What is this savings you speak of ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

other than rent I spend about 25 quid a week. I dont drink and i buy one pack of tobacco. Sometimes I might splurge on a bar of chocolate too.
    Godsentme wrote: »
    Oh this is surly the saddest post ever.

Agreed. It sounds like someone who lives in his parents basement playing computer games all day and only leaves the house once a week to go to the corner shop! :D

Jesus! Don't come to Spain to teach. Your bank account will take a big big hit.
    Yea, I'm lucky.. Love the country and good money on top
    Kolido wrote: »
    Your making $124 an hour teaching English?
    Nope.. Thread is monthly but I stated weekly so 124/4.33 an hour I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

After Bills and Food about 1500 a month to live on ....but then I always end up in the Red at month end due to my Coke and hooker habit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Teach 27 hours of English a week for $3350 net. Took on some well paid privates. :)

What currency is that? The Vietnamese Dong is the least or second valuable in terms of exchange rates. How much VD do you have per month? Hehehe, VD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Yea, I'm lucky.. Love the country and good money on top

Nope.. Thread is monthly but I stated weekly so 124/4.33 an hour I guess.

Ah ok, nice earner all the same. Fair play to ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Wha? I'm I the only one on Boards who can't afford to pay the mortgage/bills?

Everyone can't have money to 'live' on.

marty1985 wrote: »
    What currency is that? The Vietnamese Dong is the least or second valuable in terms of exchange rates. How much VD do you have per month? Hehehe, VD.

I get paid almost everything in US dollars. But in dong, it's 70,350,000 VND. A beer is 20,000 and 20 Marlboro are 22,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

After rent, bills, petrol and savings (€15 per week plus €15 repayment of credit union loan per week), have around €450 per month. Spend about €50 per week on groceries, so have around €250 per month after that. Spend €50 a week on cigarettes though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭@rti-shm@rti

I'm actually disgusted - when I worked it out it's coming in at 1,600 - 1,800 a month. That is a shocking amount. :eek: Really need to start following that budget!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Just under 4k

Somehow manage to spend most of it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

524 euro

Advertisement