Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog stolen from man while walking!!!

Options
  • 24-04-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Today has being a bad day with the suspicious death and the horrible death of man by road R.I.P to both men ... but to add to all this we have a dog being taken by scum while walking with its owner ???? What is going on in this city lately , this incident I have connection with because I was walking my dog along cleaboy/genzyme area last night when suddenly a silver car passed and hit the breaks and pulled in past me , I found this very suspicious and I even walked quicker to get closer to shop, the car eventually took off again up towards keanes road where today I hear a silver car pulled up and snatched a dog from a man , I just know this was the same car and wish I took more notice of make and model for future notice. IS IT NOT EVEN SAFE TO WALK YOUR DOG ANYMORE!!!!!!!!

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/149476.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

You should report this to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Did you get a look at any part of the cars reg?
    Also what kind of dog have you? (Probably looking for dogs to breed. And I can guess a few places for the guards to check for them)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Did you get a look at any part of the cars reg?
    Also what kind of dog have you? (Probably looking for dogs to breed. And I can guess a few places for the guards to check for them)
    I have a Akita pup unfortunately I didn't get reg or make the break lights were bright and I was just thinking of moving on to a better lit area by shop , somehow if my Akita was fully grown they may think differently id say

jo06555 wrote: »
    I have a Akita pup unfortunately I didn't get reg or make the break lights were bright and I was just thinking of moving on to a better lit area by shop , somehow if my Akita was fully grown they may think differently id say

Id say looking for breeding or fighting then. Id be careful walking that route for a while or take an alternative.
    For some reason even though everywhere has just said silver car im thinking a passat and Ive no idea why. :confused:

Id say looking for breeding or fighting then. Id be careful walking that route for a while or take an alternative.
    For some reason even though everywhere has just said silver car im thinking a passat and Ive no idea why. :confused:
    Actually it did look like a passat when I think about it , can't believe people need to be careful walking a dog now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Whats the law/consequences for stealing a dog theses days?
    Id say if someone ever stole my dog id be like Denzil Washington in Man on Fire.

jayboi wrote: »
    Whats the law/consequences for stealing a dog theses days?
    Id say if someone ever stole my dog id be like Denzil Washington in Man on Fire.

Depends on who stole it im guessing.
    We've had minorities repeatedly ask to buy and on a few occasions blatently threaten to rob our dog before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Might have to start bringing a stick or something with me now. Anyone have any ideas on what to get. Have golf clubs located around the house but dont think they would be suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Didn't we have a thread on here not to long ago about someone walking a dog and the owner heard one of two lads say "will we rob his dog?"

Is this really a common thing? Can you get animals chipped to see were they are or anything? I'm not a dog owner so id have no idea what kind of money dogs can go for.

ziedth wrote: »
    Didn't we have a thread on here not to long ago about someone walking a dog and the owner heard one of two lads say "will we rob his dog?"

Is this really a common thing? Can you get animals chipped to see were they are or anything? I'm not a dog owner so id have no idea what kind of money dogs can go for.

Yep. A women on here heard 2 guys say it out by viewmount IIRC
    You can get dogs chipped to identify them but none with gps receivers that I know of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

yeah i replied on that thread, i'm in Johns Park area and was walking our Springer Spaniel but he was only about 6 months old at the time and there were 2 guys i walked straight passed commenting ( but in a snidey sinister tone ) about what a nice dog he was..was really unsettling..and my fella would have been no godd defending himself if he was taken, he's lick you to death before he'd bite or snap

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭insight_man

Today has being a bad day with the suspicious death and the horrible death of man by road R.I.P to both men ... but to add to all this we have a dog being taken by scum while walking with its owner ???? What is going on in this city lately , this incident I have connection with because I was walking my dog along cleaboy/genzyme area last night when suddenly a silver car passed and hit the breaks and pulled in past me , I found this very suspicious and I even walked quicker to get closer to shop, the car eventually took off again up towards keanes road where today I hear a silver car pulled up and snatched a dog from a man , I just know this was the same car and wish I took more notice of make and model for future notice. IS IT NOT EVEN SAFE TO WALK YOUR DOG ANYMORE!!!!!!!!

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/149476.html

This country is going down the toilet. You can't even walk your dog anymore. Part of it is down to our judges. They live in another world. All criminals are treated better than the victims. Long sentences with hard labour is whats needed. A friend saw young criminals in Florida working on the road in a chain gang. Thats the kind of stuff we need here not this oh they came from a broken family so he or she gets about 40 chances in court. Its time to change things around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MikeyReilly

****in scumbags. I think I'd fight to the death if someone tried to take my dog. I don't have kids so he is all we have. I really hope the Guards find this man's dog. He must be distraught about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Long sentences with hard labour is whats needed. A friend saw young criminals in Florida working on the road in a chain gang. Thats the kind of stuff we need here...

I'm all for that, but i reckon in this current climate people would be completely against more recruitment in the public service (who are apparently all on salaries of over 100k, my balance must be in the post!).

I would recommend for everyone that has to dog to get it chipped, i don't know if there are GPS chips, but having it chipped would make getting the dog back easier by the authorities, as saying "Tha's my dog, definitely!" without physical proof wouldn't get you very far. Also, get it chipped somewhere discreet, as horses have been known to be found with ears cut off...

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

The chip usually goes in the scruff of the neck or somewhere near there but it's only of any use if you can locate the dog and that wouldn't be too easy. It really is incredible that you'd have to worry about walking your dog. Some people should be treated like animals and put down for the good of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭padraig.od

I'm all for that, but i reckon in this current climate people would be completely against more recruitment in the public service (who are apparently all on salaries of over 100k, my balance must be in the post!).

I would recommend for everyone that has to dog to get it chipped, i don't know if there are GPS chips, but having it chipped would make getting the dog back easier by the authorities, as saying "Tha's my dog, definitely!" without physical proof wouldn't get you very far. Also, get it chipped somewhere discreet, as horses have been known to be found with ears cut off...

An alternative to chipping is to have your PPS no tattoo'd on one of the dogs legs. Its reasonably common in the States I'm led to believe.

The different animal welfare charities have noted a rise in dog thefts from back gardens etc. Best deterrent is to have the dog neutered as it is worthless for breeding. All of our dogs carry tags that say "chipped and neutered" which might put off a potential thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Depends on who stole it im guessing.
    We've had minorities repeatedly ask to buy and on a few occasions blatently threaten to rob our dog before

Yeah we've got a standard poodle so she stands out a bit and my wife has had a few occasions where she's been in the park and "certain minorities" of a younger age have asked "how much" etc. I fcuking hate "certain minorities".

To think that you can't walk your dog in peace anymore. Unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

padraig.od wrote: »
    An alternative to chipping is to have your PPS no tattoo'd on one of the dogs legs. Its reasonably common in the States I'm led to believe.

That is, without doubt, the best idea i've ever heard for animal ownership! I'm sure animal rights groups may have an issue though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I'm sure animal rights groups may have an issue though.

F*ck them, greyhound owners have been tatooing dogs for years

wobbles wrote: »
    Might have to start bringing a stick or something with me now. Anyone have any ideas on what to get. Have golf clubs located around the house but dont think they would be suitable

Bring a hurley with you.....

• Advertisement

derekeire wrote: »
    wobbles wrote: »

Bring a hurley with you.....

I was thinking this too but id prefer a proper good old stick but same as wobbles I cannot find out where I can get one????

I was thinking this too but id prefer a proper good old stick but same as wobbles I cannot find out where I can get one????

Walking stick?

Oh and on a side note. Been a couple of reports recently around the IDA of minorities "looking for their dog" in locked cars in different car parks incase anyones working there.

Walking stick?

Oh and on a side note. Been a couple of reports recently around the IDA of minorities "looking for their dog" in locked cars in different car parks incase anyones working there.
    Ye a good walking stick where can I get one?? Ye these minorities really are becoming a pain hopefully one of them trys to take the wrong dog next and gets attacked severely .( dog would probably get put down then too ) knowing this country's laws

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

You might get a walking stick in the army shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Aldi have walking sticks at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Why try and get a walking stick like this fella has http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7aOZZVUfXY
    It'll sure put the run on anyone trying to take your dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Bring a gun and waste anyone who looks at you or your dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Saw a man walking a husky-type dog on Carrickphierish road around 10.30 last night with a hurley in one hand. Was it anyone from here?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Tarzann wrote: »
    Saw a man walking a husky-type dog on Carrickphierish road around 10.30 last night with a hurley in one hand. Was it anyone from here?!
    Ah Jaysus lads, unless you have the hurley somewhat way concealed, you're not gonna be given a chance to use it! ;)

Advertisement