Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spots on Bottles after been sterilized

Options
  • 24-04-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

Hope someone here can help, I am due in a few weeks and so just sterilizing a few bottles to see, however there are dirt spots on them once they dry out when they have been sterilized.

I am using Tommy Teepee not new only 18months old, I have 2of them but both are coming up the same results I have used citric acid to clean as directed.

If someone had the same prob I would appreciate your input

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

What colour are the spots, if they are grey you may need to descale the steriliser a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Sounds like you have lime in your water?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rambai

The citric acid is ment to be used to descale but will give it another go. We used bottled water insted of tap water.

The spots are gone with one quick wipe of a paper towel but does that defeat the purpose on sterilizing.

Il give it a good descale

Thanks for ur response

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Use cooled, boiled tap water for the babies bottles it has more minerals etc than filtered or bottled water.
    Oh yeah, and try not to worry too much (easier said than done :D )-children survive in a lot worse countries, conditions & situations than your child will ever see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sounds like minerals in the bottles water, de-scale again and try tap water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement