Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fazer Power

• 24-04-2012 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi I just got my fazer 600 'de-restricted'. However the revs dont get past 8000 and its screaming up at those levels. Is this normal?
    I fear the bike was actually factory restricted and then shop restricted where i bought it. When they took off their restriction i was left with a bike that is still restricted. I bought it brand new in 2009.

Can you let me know what I should be getting from a full power Fazer?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

How was it restricted - what derestriction was just carried out - what did the shop actually do? On a 2009 bike the options are few and if it was factory restricted it would usually be by using a modified ECU - this would have to be replaced with an unrestricted ECU.

If they restricted it by using restrictor plates in the intakes then it is unlikely it was factory restricted as well but there may be additional tuning work needed to get it to full power. I'd bring it back and ask them to test ride it to check their work.

8000 revs isn't that high for a Fazer - it should rev out past that but will sound very high if you aren't used to it. In first or second gear you should be able to bury the revs into the redline to the point that the revlimiter cuts in. This pic suggests 12k rpm should be achievable;

yamaha_2D183500A000.jpg

If you ride the bike will it rev out in any gear? On an open road, stick it in second and see how high it will rev - watch your speed etc... ;)

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Restricted bike will max out at 160 km/h
    UNrestricted will go on to approx 230 km/h
    (Not advisable on public roads)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Restricted bike will max out at 160 km/h
    UNrestricted will go on to approx 230 km/h
    (Not advisable on public roads)

Only on a planet with much lower gravity and no atmosphere will a Fazer 600 do 230km/h....:D

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

gravity doesnt effect top speed

'i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

should rev out fully as said, and you should know instantly when you twist the thottle, that its unrestricted... you've trippled the number of horses pushing ya :) 30 to 90 odd

wouldnt have thought any restriction would have an effect on your top rpm, so it could be something completely different... did it ever rev past 8000?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Only on a planet with much lower gravity and no atmosphere will a Fazer 600 do 230km/h....:D

'c
    Well, will do 220km/h anyway, but duck down and a bit of tailwind you will get 230 km/h

We tried some in the Isle of Man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

If it's a problem with the revs not being reported correctly then you can test this by driving along in 6th gear. At 6k rpm you will be doing around 65mph.

As others have said, did it ever rev past 8k rpm? Does it feel ALOT faster?

I'd agree with LookBehindYou. With some tail wind and a slim body 230kph is accessible. I can do 200kph easily. But with a GPS those speeds would be a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Spoon Fed

Thanks for all your advice, appreciate it.

It is not alot faster. Screams and trembles over 6000. Something definitely amiss.

In fact, I looked at the bike yesterday and spotted a metal tab screwed onto the engine limiting the throttle cable. However, this may still not explain it.

Going back to shop and challenge them to look at it again.

Hopefully they will address the issue or I will be back on here !

thanks again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Well, will do 220km/h anyway, but duck down and a bit of tailwind you will get 230 km/h

We tried some in the Isle of Man.

How dare you disagree with the 'septik!

'kkzi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

A factory restricted Yamaha will use a throttle stop for restriction only. They don't do restricted ECUs.

Your bike should rev up to 12k rpm. I have a 09 XJ6 and it has the same engine slightly tuned for more mid range and less peak torque. It revs to 12k redline and limiter at 14k.

Stick her in say 3rd gear on a open road and slowly rev to see if it gets to 12k.

My bike screams all the way to the limiter, although I'm not experienced enough to notice a dead spot up the revs.

Ps kamikazi's obsession with ceptor is still there I see...

• Advertisement
Advertisement