Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rent Allowance rates for Carlow is a Joke

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sinsin

Andy!! wrote: »
    That's putting it mildly. Why not remove the posts? They read like the ramblings of a mental case.
    Sorry that I upset you.
    Go back to attacking social welfare recipients,tell which post was the craziest.

To the Moderater I apoliigise but I have spent my political life defending the weak and sick from Andies.
    I know exactly how to flush them out.
    Sorry Andy.I will not let the likes of you bully a fellow Irishman when he is down.
    You wish to debate your Matheusian gibberish I will debate you at any place of your choosing.

No one likes bullys,
    Em this isn't low at all? It would be low in Dublin, but not in Carlow. Be grateful you get anything, social welfare in this country is far more generous than in other countries. Hop over to the UK and see how much you'd get there.

(posted by 'a dole bum' )

Sorry Mod when Imeet the real FG fascist i go into attack,I am famous for it.

Seriously I will leave, but kick him out,he was taught a little lesson in manners,
    IT does show you the illness in some people/Me and mine are ok.
    I hope that all your loved ones are safe and not exposed to people of that sort.

Moderater, He would have been forcibly removed from many premises.I knew his politics,that is why I posted.
    To normal non political people it looked crazy.
    No.I cut him to the bone,he will not sleep for a week,
    Sorry again but I find it difficult to let these self important posters but down people in trouble.

Do you know what really upset him.when I said he was two months salary from the ditch compared to thr ops 4.

I will take a long break.
    Crazy in the right way;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Lsd has so much to answer for!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Lsd has so much to answer for!

I think you are onto something there. You should see the private messages he took it upon himself to send me over the last hour for no reason what so ever. Nonsensical gibberish doesn`t do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

sinsin wrote: »
    Sorry that I upset you.
    Go back to attacking social welfare recipients,tell which post was the craziest.

To the Moderater I apoliigise but I have spent my political life defending the weak and sick from Andies.
    I know exactly how to flush them out.
    Sorry Andy.I will not let the likes of you bully a fellow Irishman when he is down.
    You wish to debate your Matheusian gibberish I will debate you at any place of your choosing.

No one likes bullys,
    Em this isn't low at all? It would be low in Dublin, but not in Carlow. Be grateful you get anything, social welfare in this country is far more generous than in other countries. Hop over to the UK and see how much you'd get there.

(posted by 'a dole bum' )

Sorry Mod when Imeet the real FG fascist i go into attack,I am famous for it.

Seriously I will leave, but kick him out,he was taught a little lesson in manners,
    IT does show you the illness in some people/Me and mine are ok.
    I hope that all your loved ones are safe and not exposed to people of that sort.

Moderater, He would have been forcibly removed from many premises.I knew his politics,that is why I posted.
    To normal non political people it looked crazy.
    No.I cut him to the bone,he will not sleep for a week,
    Sorry again but I find it difficult to let these self important posters but down people in trouble.

Do you know what really upset him.when I said he was two months salary from the ditch compared to thr ops 4.

I will take a long break.
    Crazy in the right way;)

yes..hop over to the uk.....they are trying to rduce the limit on benifits to twenty five thousand pounds a year..tax free....with free health...dentistry......school meals....kindergartens...etc etc....trying .....

I think you are onto something there. You should see the private messages he took it upon himself to send me over the last hour for no reason what so ever. Nonsensical gibberish doesn`t do it justice.
    I put those people on ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

I put those people on ignore.

How do you actually do that? I tell you there is not stranger than coming back to your computer from a quick break and finding 24 Private messages, each one more frantic and nonsensical than the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

RealistSpy wrote: »
    It will only going lower as far as I can see it for the next 2- 3 years. Rent Allowance Supplement will be cut and the Dole will be cut. Best thing is to tighten your budget and apply for Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS).

GL

from what i know about the Rental Accomodation Scheme it is not available to many of the people who are currently on rent supplement due to them being involved in anti social behavioiur or other criminal behaviour, the vetting is very strict with a Garda check being done. also the landlord can object to any candidate.

Unless things have changed it wasnt like that in my case.

I went for an interview and came away with an offer of housing.

A town councillor did tell me however that a lot of people have refused offers in so called "undesirable" estates and a lot of the vacant council units are lying idle because of the damage caused by peevious tenants and the money isnt there to fix them up

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

I never heard of RAS till today :( Would the scheme cover an existing dwelling that I'm renting if my landlord was ok with it?

Owryan wrote: »

A town councillor did tell me however that a lot of people have refused offers in so called "undesirable" estates and a lot of the vacant council units are lying idle because of the damage caused by peevious tenants and the money isnt there to fix them up

godwin wrote: »
    I never heard of RAS till today :( Would the scheme cover an existing dwelling that I'm renting if my landlord was ok with it?
    Yes, the RAS people will have a look at it to make sure it is acceptable and then start the paperwork, your landlord would have to sign up to an almost ten year period. But is guaranteed rent for that period. You should ask the landlord if they would be interested and tell them to contact the RAS office in the county council

Owryan wrote: »

We're you getting an offer of council accommodation? The rental accommodation scheme is separate and totally different to council housing.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Might wanna ban that sinsin, sounds like a proper basketcase. Doubt people are going to emulate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

SIX PACK wrote: »
    1st of all i'm going to say i didn't choose to be on the dole so don't label just so we're clear
    This thread is for those of us (& anyone else who cares) who are unfortunate enough to find ourselves out of work & looking for rent allowance :'(

In Our case Couple with 1 child or one-parent with 1 child
    The new rates for Carlow is €550 Maximum.
    Now where the hell are we meant to get somewhere Half decent that's not a S#it hole & is €550 or less per month . . ? Our landlord is refusing to lower our rent so don't know what to do :(
    jesus
    heres a place that looks decent for 450 a month
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1119010
    and the agent has other 3 bed houses for 550

Theres a debate over in London on whether its right that people on the dole should be entitled automatically to prime city centre accomodation for free "beacuse they have to be accomodated where they want to live" yet in a parallel world the working part of the nation cant live "where they want" and have to move to remote areas as its all they can afford.

So essentially, working people must compromise on their accomodation arrangements as they are paying, but people on social welfare do not have to compromise because someone else is picking up the tab.

I'm undecided as to the ins and outs of what could be a bold social experiment in the UK, but at the moment with me the wife and 2 kids in a 2 bed apartment for a 1000 a month and no extra disposable income to pay the extra money for renting a small house - I only can envy the living conditions of folks on the dole in ireland who have their rent paid for AND approx 800 a head in dole cash in hand plus kids allowance and everything else that comes with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

the laurels is a nice spot, just happens to be near JSP and is tarred by association .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Andy!! wrote: »
    Might wanna ban that sinsin, sounds like a proper basketcase. Doubt people are going to emulate him.

Please don't be a backseat moderator.

If you've a problem with a post then report it and we'll take action if necessary.

Advertisement