Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eaves storage - suggestions to get job done right

• 24-04-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Looking at getting storage built into the eaves of daughters bedroom - for toys and clothes - reducing clutter in room. Does anyone have feedback from doing preciously such as do the units need to be insulated to keep cold from eaves entering room etc. I would like doors which have a clean finished appearance almost to appear like panneling rather than doors- if that makes sense.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

MaxCharlie wrote: »
    Looking at getting storage built into the eaves of daughters bedroom - for toys and clothes - reducing clutter in room. Does anyone have feedback from doing preciously such as do the units need to be insulated to keep cold from eaves entering room etc. I would like doors which have a clean finished appearance almost to appear like panneling rather than doors- if that makes sense.

By eaves do you mean the attic space? i.e your living in a dormer and your on about the space in the attic behind the low walls on the bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

Exactle. I dont like wardrobes etc and want to put pods into the space behind the eave space to store toys books clothes etc. But I want to be sure that doing this would not cause a cold spot.

Advertisement