Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need an Annual Return?

Options
  • 24-04-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi

I registered a business name with CRO in November 2011 as I was planning on setting up my own business on the side importing sports goods and selling them on in Ireland. I only got one batch of samples done from Asia and then decided not to go ahead with the business.

I did not set up a business bank account or register for tax and ceased my business name in January with CRO

My question is, will I need to file an Annual return in November?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭MBateson

Companies need to lodge annual returns not sole traders who have registered a business name

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭EamonOSullivan

Smeharg has good advice for you below - post changed in light of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg

johnnyw20 wrote: »
    Hi

I registered a business name with CRO in November 2011
    You need to file an Annual Return with the Companies Office 6 months after incorporation.

There is no annual companies office filing required for a business name. What Eamon is referring to is for limited companies only.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭johnnyw20

Thanks very much for clearing that up for me. Much appreciated

Advertisement