Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would like to geek...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

Buceph wrote: »
    I kind of regret never giving Diablo 2 a go though.

And you should, was (and still is) an amazing game. Gives people the creeps to play something that graphicly old these days though. ;) But there is D3 in just hours now! I am prepared for a massive session. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

@stevexo

You live in midleton? I live in midleton!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

ive always wanted a viking themed night, big plates piled with food eating with just hands (picture giant legs of chicken and the likes) while having huge jugs of beer to drink and just be messy.... oh and we all wear fake beards (or cultivate a real one) and horned helmets
    1) Do we have to sing the Spam song while doing this?
    2) And I think even with beards cultivated we must wear the fake over them!!!!

exactly what i thought as well, tournaments in BF:3, diablo III (soon), team fortress 2, street fighter, or just wander around skyrim like usual smile.gif could be an idea i guess.!!

Back when the day job was away, I used to have gaming nights with the guys from work, fecking epic they were. 3 teams of 4 playing halo all with separate HD projectors, two guys with a tv each playing the co-op gunship level from MW, the ex acid-head with eyes streaming playing wipeout, several people collapsed from kinetic dehydration despite beer hats...

...and a competition for the rudest profile name ever, good god it got graphic! If you didn't factory reset your xbox after you were at risk of divorce...

So yes, an idea!!!!!

:D

You're a poet sir, I suspect your geek phase is behind you, though, they say boys never grow out of it, but we don't normally become geeks again until after out little princess and princes have grown up

Dude(ette?)!!!!! Don't harsh my buzz so soon!!!!

;)

Guess I've two things on my side against losing my social geek; she'll be raised as a geek so lots of avenues to soothe my geekish brow

and its probably unhealthy to spend the next 18 years only knowing her and the missus in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

. and its probably unhealthy .

I've done 24 years, I think you worry in excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

1) Do we have to sing the Spam song while doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Back when the day job was away, I used to have gaming nights with the guys from work, fecking epic they were. 3 teams of 4 playing halo all with separate HD projectors, two guys with a tv each playing the co-op gunship level from MW, the ex acid-head with eyes streaming playing wipeout, several people collapsed from kinetic dehydration despite beer hats...

...and a competition for the rudest profile name ever, good god it got graphic! If you didn't factory reset your xbox after you were at risk of divorce...

So yes, an idea!!!!!

:D

this.. all this minus the acid :P it would be a great laugh. i remember when i was in the navy and we would be at sea for weeks on end, i brought an old router with me and down in the sleeping quarters which is like a long alley with lots doors/rooms on either side we would put the router on the floor in the alley and connect a **** load of xbox's playing MW and Halo 2/3, it was epic and a great way to pass time and relax when off duty with the lads. great memories :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

any of ye geeks get diablo 3 and fancy teaming up : )?

just bought it for my brothers birthday, ill be getting it myself in about 2 weeks after i have my exhibition stuff ready, ill message you then.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Coel

Just moved to Ireland recently and I guess I'm a bit too geeky for my new colleagues.

Therefore I hope to meet some nice fellow geeks here :D

Addiction to D3 started 2 days ago and otherwise I like gaming, Star Craft 2 and BarCrafts(there are some pretty awesome ones here in Cork at Captain Americas, anyone to join me and my bf? ;D) Star Wars Stuff, movies and tv series(recently Game of Thrones) useless but funny stuff, reading, drinking too much coffee and loads of stupid things.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

just bought it for my brothers birthday, ill be getting it myself in about 2 weeks after i have my exhibition stuff ready, ill message you then.?

COOL!

this.. all this minus the acid tongue.gif it would be a great laugh. i remember when i was in the navy and we would be at sea for weeks on end, i brought an old router with me and down in the sleeping quarters which is like a long alley with lots doors/rooms on either side we would put the router on the floor in the alley and connect a **** load of xbox's playing MW and Halo 2/3, it was epic and a great way to pass time and relax when off duty with the lads. great memories smile.gif

Well, the acid was the music but if I remember the 90/PS wipeout sessions, there was another drug of choice for them. Not mine which was Devils bit...

Well, all my toys fit in a bag, HD projector included so not beyond the realms of possibility that some similar could happen down here.

Just moved to Ireland recently and I guess I'm a bit too geeky for my new colleagues.

Therefore I hope to meet some nice fellow geeks here biggrin.gif

Hey Coel, welcome to the bestest geek thread in Cork! There is a wider boards meet up in the Old Oak tomorrow, hoping some of those here will make it, you'll see the thread stickied at the top of the cork forum.
    BarCrafts(there are some pretty awesome ones here in Cork at Captain Americas, anyone to join me and my bf?

Never heard of this, I'll deffo got to the next one, I'll go to pretty much anything that has any word in it's description substituted for beer...

Never played it, nearly always a console gamer apart from the odd RTS/Sim. Mainly because I've always had a work laptop and I feared upgraditis.

Do have a small form factor desktop, any idea of what card it would need to run? I can only get half hight in...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

i see sonic 4 spisode 2 just came out, 1200 xbox live points though...bit steep.
    any one play episode 1?
    it wasnt too bad, good nod at the classic sonic apart from the stupid homing attacks making it too easy to kill enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It's a pity we missed each other Chad, I was living in Douglas till September, and we used to have weekly board gaming nights in Shamrock Park.

i've made a terrible mistake... i used one of the free codes that came with the diablo III copy i got my brother and IT IS AMAZING.. i can play to level 10 and defeat the skeleton king.. i cant get over how good it is. i did get a bit of lag in a public multiplayer game but thats just the servers being mental since launch!! cant wait to buy the full game. 2 weeks and it shall be mine.!! (if i can hold out) :D:D:D

Never played it, nearly always a console gamer apart from the odd RTS/Sim. Mainly because I've always had a work laptop and I feared upgraditis.

Do have a small form factor desktop, any idea of what card it would need to run? I can only get half hight in...

i highly recommend it :D

what rts games do you play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

I am playing D3 at the moment as well and I LOVE it, it's so good!

Also, if you haven't been to a barcraft (and you're even remotely interested in starcraft), you should totally try it. Here's a link for the Cork barcrafting peoples.

what rts games do you play?

Was thinking about this while taken to my sick bed (cough, cough) and I've realised that I'm pretty old skool in my play list, missed a whole generation of RTS when numpty on the team spec'ing the new systems left the graphics card as on board. Now I know Intel where paying for them but that was a step too far :mad: and now most stuff is MMO, I'm a campaign kinda guy...

When I did get a go on stuff like supreme commander, it was way too much about the clicks per minute and didn't suit my turtle tendencies...

Long story longer, anything westwood(Generals prob my fav), the warcrafts (See, oldskool!), never did startcraft (I've a copy in the desk though), loved, loved, loved the Homeworld series, TA of course. The more Civ stuff like settlers and AoE never really grabbed me.

It is interesting (to me) how much that genre has stalled the last few years.

Advertisement