Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is mortgage payment late?

Options
  • 24-04-2012 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

About two months ago I contacted EBS to cancel my mortgage direct debit as it was coming out at an inconvenient time. I sent them in a signed letter to this effect. I received no reply or confirmation. The following month no payment was taken out so I tansferred the money to the mortgage account. I still haven't received anything from them. I tried ringing but was on hold for ages. I'm just trying to find out when the mortgage payments are due. The direct debit was usually on the 7th so should I assume this is the payment due date or would it be the end of the month?

Comments

We changed our DD with KBC a few years back and had a similar issue, we were informed at the time that as long as it is paid within the same calendar month, it is not consider late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

MagicSean wrote: »
    About two months ago I contacted EBS to cancel my mortgage direct debit as it was coming out at an inconvenient time. I sent them in a signed letter to this effect. I received no reply or confirmation. The following month no payment was taken out so I tansferred the money to the mortgage account. I still haven't received anything from them. I tried ringing but was on hold for ages. I'm just trying to find out when the mortgage payments are due. The direct debit was usually on the 7th so should I assume this is the payment due date or would it be the end of the month?

When you wrote to EBS to cancel the DD how did you propose to make the repayments in future? EBS always collected DD's on the 7th monthly and never used to have the facility to change the collection date. Am I right in thinking you've contacted them 2 months ago, paid March's payment manually and the repayment due from the 7th April is still outstanding? Expect to hear from them once the repayment is a full month overdue i.e. after the 7th May (providing you don't lodge it directly again in the meantime)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

killers1 wrote: »
    When you wrote to EBS to cancel the DD how did you propose to make the repayments in future? EBS always collected DD's on the 7th monthly and never used to have the facility to change the collection date. Am I right in thinking you've contacted them 2 months ago, paid March's payment manually and the repayment due from the 7th April is still outstanding? Expect to hear from them once the repayment is a full month overdue i.e. after the 7th May (providing you don't lodge it directly again in the meantime)

i spoke to them on the phone and they told me to send in the letter to cancel the direct debit. No other arrangements were made. I expected some kind of response from them. I didn't even know it had been received until the money wasn't taken out of my account last month. half the money from this month is paid and the other half will be paid this week but I just don't know if this is considered missed payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

MagicSean wrote: »
    killers1 wrote: »

i spoke to them on the phone and they told me to send in the letter to cancel the direct debit. No other arrangements were made. I expected some kind of response from them. I didn't even know it had been received until the money wasn't taken out of my account last month. half the money from this month is paid and the other half will be paid this week but I just don't know if this is considered missed payments.

It's not in arrears or reported to the ICB as being in arrears until you're 1 full month behind in the repayments. Sounds like you're just 2 weeks late on half the repayment? Once payment is made this week it won't be in arrears or generate any collection letters. So long as the payment is being made directly the account won't show up on their system in arrears so they probably won't contact you.

Advertisement