Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your claim to fame?

• 24-04-2012 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Have any of you got anything you're particularly well known for? Or have any of you appeared in any newspapers, magazines or on television? Or are you well known in your area for something you've done?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I was in a bit of trouble there for a while because of my actions after taking a few aspirins and getting on a flight from London to Cork a couple of years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I've the smallest knob in Ireland. At least I think I have. I haven't actually seen it since 1998 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Been a nuisance to bigger ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Being a pain in the a$$!

That's it really!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

I was in three newspapers last year at punchestown!!!
    And your not an Irish person if you weren't on tv in croker! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

No claims to fame, is my claim to fame

I never had my 15 minutes, never wanted it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I did an interview with the New York Times magazine a few months ago. I feel very proud of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I once represetned Ireland on at under-19 at an international level.

I'm not saying what at, though.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Go on OP, you're dying to tell us surely.

eviltwin wrote: »
    I did an interview with the New York Times magazine a few months ago. I feel very proud of it.

link/ info?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

As a younger man I was able to perform autofellatio.

codrulz wrote: »
    link/ info?

Hasn't been printed yet, its going to be in their magazine in June I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DitzyPoo92

I was Artane Credit Unions young saver of the year in 2004. I appeared in the Northside People:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

DitzyPoo92 wrote: »
    I was Artane Credit Unions young saver of the year in 2004. I appeared in the Northside People:cool:

In fairness, how can anybody compete with that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So did a whole bunch of paedohiles, murderers and gang criminals in general - that's not a claim to fame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Have any of you got anything you're particularly well known for? Or have any of you appeared in any newspapers, magazines or on television? Or are you well known in your area for something you've done?:)

So i was in a pub a few weeks ago in a different town and this strange girl asks me was i from (insert ****hole town here)?
    I said yes i am and she told me i was a legend in my town but not particularly in a nice way. This makes me happy!!:)

My mother was an extra in Fair City once, she got out of Leo's cab, she did a great job too

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DitzyPoo92

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    So did a whole bunch of paedohiles, murderers and gang criminals in general - that's not a claim to fame!

How dare you! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!:D

My mother was an extra in Fair City once, she got out of Leo's cab, she did a great job too

so, you are your own mother? :eek:

How dare you! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!:D

not a ****ign clue. but in the interests of balance, the same could be said for the Southside people. Espeically if they like gardening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭bubbuz

Back in the early 90's I worked for a sightseeing tour bus firm in london, was working on the south side of Trafalgar Square one afternoon when my radio informed me that I had people on their way to use my bus for a photo shoot, 2 mins later 3 black limo's pull up and out step's Pandora surrounded by security ( anyone who's not familiar with Pandora, well she was the mother of all American topless models who had the biggest **** anyone had ever seen.) Had my pic took with her on the top deck of the bus and it was published in The Sun newspaper. I sent a copy to my dad over here who had it positioned pride of place in his pub for years, he and all the locals loved it........though not as much as I did when it was taken...:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Boards. :pac:

Nothing really, was an extra in a film. :-p

Boards. :pac:

Nothing really, was an extra in a film. :-p

Do you have any idea how sad that sounds?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't know Ikky Poo2.

I don't know Ikky Poo2.

Oh, you know who I am. You just don't know that you know who I am. And you know that... Wait - was there supposed to be a comma in there? Because I'm not sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I was on Blackboard Jungle with the most awful haircut known to mankind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

was there supposed to be a comma in there? Because I'm not sure...
    Do you have any idea how sad that sounds?

Hmmmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I'm known locally for getting caught with a hooker when I was 16, while on a school tour. For years after, every time I met the local priest he would just shake his head and look away in disgust. Cnut should have practiced what he preached. He's more famous than I am now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I was on the front page of the local rag (with a large circulation, in fairness) when I was like 10, for being on some CBBC show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

As a younger man I was able to perform autofellatio.

Some neck on ya admitting that!

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I could swim underwater for 2 lengths of the pool, then i took up smoking, now I can barely manage a shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

was she wearing her clothes, leo is a bit of a swordsman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

if you were in school mid 80s to 98 the C. Fallons science book and all there homec books think geography books. I was the little kid with the red wellies and the yellow ones :cool: and some other books to do with children and stuff...
    I was also a pampers baby :cool: in 82 :D

Snowie wrote: »
    if you were in school mid 80s to 98 the C. Fallons science book and all there homec books think geography books. I was the little kid with the red wellies and the yellow ones :cool: and some other books to do with children and stuff...
    I was also a pampers baby :cool: in 82 :D

I'm gonna say you are 32?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

codrulz wrote: »
    I'm gonna say you are 32?

30 and damm you for making me type that :mad:

thank good i look about 25 :)

• Advertisement

Snowie wrote: »
    damm you for making me type that :mad:

My pleasure! :P :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I was in The Herald as a child for being in a youth pipe band.

its been downhill since then.

I was in The Herald as a child for being in a youth pipe band.

its been downhill since then.

that just made my day, a youth pipe band! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Liffey 121

Thats very cool...to be in fair city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I played FIFA (the football game for PS3/Xbox/PC) competitively from 2006-2009 inclusive, won 4 tournaments which involved me being sent around the world to represent Ireland in World finals. Ended up going all expenses paid to London, Amsterdam, Seattle and Cologne to compete for pretty tasty cash prises (up to $20,000). Never had much success apart from London in '06 I reached the last 16. For the last year I competed, before heading to the World Cyber Games in Cologne, I was a guest on RTE's "Ice" show which was like "The Den" for teenagers. I was interviewed for about 5 mins about my gaming habits (I think saying I played 14 hours a day and hated sunlight was what they were looking for, but the reality was I played about an hour a night) and then had to do this bizarre challenge thing where one of the hosts was dressed as some weird Superhero. The idea was I would dribble past his players and score from kick off, then he would throw a hissy fit and storm off, in rehearsal it went to plan, was cringey but whatever, but in the actual live run through I dribbled through his players and put the shot wide lol, he stormed off anyway, and I sat there looking bemused as the other presenter (that blond RTE guy who did some Ice skating show) did a cut-off to The Simpsons. Was a decent laugh, my mates gave me loads of stick about missing the shot though. My cousins who were between 8-12 were watching and apparently were amazed that I was on "Ice", they treat me like a celebrity every time we have a family event. Nowadays however after word spread around Bray I just get random lads coming up to me in pubs saying "Are you that FIFA lad? I bet I would beat you." I acknowledge that they probably would and try to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Got the shift of Barbara Windsor many years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

was never particularly keen o the limelight meself so I settled for stalking out famous tools instead

Shoulda brought an autograph book, for instance I have lou reeds signature on an insurance claims ad on the back of a Daily Mirror from 2001

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Years ago I choked Linda Lovelace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I shot j.r

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

I used to go out with someone in an Irish indie band. The more vague I am, the more impressive it sounds. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

I got post of the day once. :cool:
    Also, i'm actually Jesus. No biggie.

Hmmmmm...

Hey, that wasn't me being a grammar Nazi, the comma changes the meanign of the sentence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Milkybar kid. The original one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

My dog was in Fast Ford magaxine..

That's the height of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I get recognised because of my job a lot. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement