Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping up pipe ?

• 25-04-2012 12:03am
    Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

hello,

here,s the story. Had the guy in with the listening equipment. Leak under tarmac on a pipe coming into the house teed off the mains. This pipe has been stopped just inside house wall in garage as we dont use it anymore. The leak is 2 feet from the wall under the tarmac. This pipe continues another 4 feet to the T. ie the leak pipe is 6 feet long with the leak in the middle.
    As we dont use this anymore I had a brainwave.You lads might tell me if this is feasible. Is there something I can simply put into this pipe, which will harden and stop the water flow? It will have to travel over 2 feet in the pipe but less than 6 as then it would reach the T. It would effectively render the pipe useless but it is useless anyway. The tarmac is brand new and I hate to go digging it up.

Thanks a lot

eamon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Disconnect the pipe where it connects to the mains, because if you don't, freezing weather will probably just cause another burst on the wet side of your plug and cause a leak again because the water is still and doesn't move so will get colder than the mains.

The leak you have now could likely have been caused by frost.

• Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭eamon11

tks amigo

Advertisement