Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incompetent cervix/ high risk clinic cumh ??

• 25-04-2012 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey
    First time ever doing this but would love any ones advise on my issues i am nearly 12 weeks pregnant and have apt for the cumh high risk clinic monday i have had parts of my cervix removed twice last time was 6 months ago due to pre cancer cells i heard about having stitch put in to hold onto baby but would really like anyones input on it or HR clinic My sister had same done and had 5 misscarraiges which nearly broke her mentally i am very nervous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

babypip wrote: »
    Hey
    First time ever doing this but would love any ones advise on my issues i am nearly 12 weeks pregnant and have apt for the cumh high risk clinic monday i have had parts of my cervix removed twice last time was 6 months ago due to pre cancer cells i heard about having stitch put in to hold onto baby but would really like anyones input on it or HR clinic My sister had same done and had 5 misscarraiges which nearly broke her mentally i am very nervous

Best of luck, I've heard great things about the high risk clinic from people who hAd high risk preganacies.
    I don't think any one can give you any answers here, only to say keep as calm as you can until Monday and hopefully all will be ok.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed, best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi, if you have ic you should get a stitch as soon as possible. if your 12 weeks they should put one in now. i would advise you not to wait,get it done now as it has a better chance of working. i had a stitch placed at 19 weeks but it failed. try to get an appointment with a high risk doctor in cumh. best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

and make sure you get a transvaginal ultrasound to measure your cervix. this is very important. if you have any more questions i am happy to help as i have IC and attend cumh. so i would love to help. can i ask who is your doctor. and stick to your guns you no what is best. i think your great for informing yourself cause knowledge is power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 orla90

hi if you have an appointment thats a great start. i have IC and have attend cumh. if you are 12 weeks i would push for a stitch now. make sure you get a transvaginal ultrasound to measure your cervix this is very important. i would advise you not to wait to get a stitch because the early you have it done the better the success rates, i had mine placed at 19 weeks and two weeks later it failed. i am not trying to scare you but i wish people would have been honest with me. i would like to help you in any way i can. if you have any more queations i will try to anwser them. if you would like more info about IC i found a great site called abbyloopers. you will have to ask to join (its easy) and you will find many stories like your on there. knowledge is power and your great for informing yourself. i am very sorry for your sister losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 babypip

thanks so much orla just advise i needed to hear will come back here tomorr after scan thanks for your input was great to know and will check out that site xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 babypip

hey again

Well had my 12 week visit to high risk today to find out im 14 weeks cant make it out but hey...

They were amazing up in cumh H risk clinic had scan and then they checked cervix but doc wouldn't do stitch my cervix is 2.7 normal is 2 to 5 they say if was 2 they would im border line i was bit annoyed but was advised that stitch can cause a miss too so dammed if you do and dammed if you don't

I was put on progesterone for 20 weeks so starting that tomorr

So afraid that i will have to wait to miss before something is done about it fingers crossed it wont come to that

• Registered Users Posts: 2 orla90

Thats great...my cervix measured 1.6 non pregnant so i had a transabdominal cerclage placed...i had Dr. Keelin O'Donoghue when i was there...she very nice...thats great that your on progesterone too...best of luck!!!

Advertisement