Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fornetti pastry in Cork?

Options
  • 25-04-2012 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

does anyone know where i can find Fornetti pastry in Cork? They are sort of small mini pastries. I tasted it in Dublin last week, it's bloody delicious.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Fornetti is a type of pastry rather than an actual item.

I've no idea where you'd get the ones you got but I imagine Apple Strudel and the like would use a similar enough pastry, so maybe make that and fill it with whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Backn5mins

Dunno what Fornetti pastry is but if I was a gambler I'd bet you'd find it in the english market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Dermighty wrote: »
    Fornetti is a type of pastry rather than an actual item.

I've no idea where you'd get the ones you got but I imagine Apple Strudel and the like would use a similar enough pastry, so maybe make that and fill it with whatever you want.
    Yeah it's a brand of pastry. Delighted to report that I found it in the Bakery Union on Marlboro St. Guy there told me it's originally Hungarian and pretty big on the continent. And i've also since seen it for sale in Web Work House on Winthrop St.

They don't seem to have any apple strudel xxl's or minis though. It's their strawberry & yoghurt minis that i'm mad about, and the cherry & custard xxl. Yum yum :p Manna from heaven! I've seriously not seen anything like this in the pastry market, certainly not in the Cusine de France range.

Would thoroughly recommend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 beancounter15

Yes Fornetti is in Cork, they are also in Dublin, just found them in Facebook, they're pretty HUGE in Europe, just check their website, looks like they have just come to Ireland; http://www.fornetti-ireland.ie/find_outlet/default.html ...hope this helps, foodie and pastry lover myself!!

Advertisement