Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Subject Choice Help Needed!

• 25-04-2012 1:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭

Ok so here's what I have so far:
    Irish (ord.)
    English (hon.)
    German (hon.)
    Maths (ord.)
    History (hon.)
    Physics (hon.)

My school's guidance councilor is saying I should really consider App. Maths as my second science subject,but I'm not sure wether Chemistry would be better.My main concern with App. Maths is struggling with the subject and having to cram for chemistry.

Also I can't seem to find a decent non-science related subject.A few pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ray giraffe

Remember you need honours maths in order to do applied maths!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Remember you need honours maths in order to do applied maths!

It good to have but it's not an actual requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Also I can't seem to find a decent non-science related subject.A few pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Have you considered the likes of Geography, Economics or Business?

Or Biology or Ag Science if you want to do another science?

Maybe give us an idea of what you're interested in, if you know what you might like to do after school, and the subjects on offer in your school.

• Site Banned Posts: 44 Pegasus Galactica

What about Business? Politics?

• Site Banned Posts: 22 frogcheese

Business is a good subject and kinda common sense so you wouldn't need to cram..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Have you considered the likes of Geography, Economics or Business?

Or Biology or Ag Science if you want to do another science?

Maybe give us an idea of what you're interested in, if you know what you might like to do after school, and the subjects on offer in your school.

I'm interested in politics, but can't seem to find a politics based subject unfortunately.
    I've looked at the economics exam papers and find quite boring to be honest.Geography would be worth looking at.
    Thanks QueenOfLeon.

Advertisement