Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winters 2012/2013 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I've come to the conclusion based on the past few years, that seasonal forecast for this part of the world are a waste of time:(

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

jimmy.d wrote: »

Delusional at best, irresponsible at worst.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

OMG :eek: Notify the Guardian immediately. Just the sort of sh1t they love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What a load of bull. He might as well give out the Lotto numbers if he's that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Generally, October 2012 will be much colder than the October of 2011

Generally, November 2012 will be noticeably much colder than the November of 2011,exceptionally cold with nationwide blizzard potential.
    ……
    Generally, December 2012 will be much colder, and with the potential for much more snow, than the December of 2011 or the December of 2010…
    January 2013 & January 2014 both have the potential for becoming the coldest and snowiest Januarys in living memory, and very likely for several hundred years at least…although I expect January 2013 to be exceptionally cold throughout, the very coldest period will probably start around the 10th then continue through to the 31st.

Generally; February 2013 also has the potential for severe winter conditions

Generally; March 2013 has the potential as being one of the coldest, windiest and snowiest Marches in recent history

Generally, November 2013 has the potential for being the second consecutive very cold November…

Generally; December 2013 has all of the potential to be exceptionally cold and snowy – much more so at the beginning of the month and towards the end of the month…

Generally, January 2014, much like January 2013, has huge potential as being one of the coldest and snowiest Januaries for possibly several hundred years…the first 9 days will be extremely cold, as will be the periods from around the 12th to 17th and the 28th to 31st…

Generally, February 2014 looks set to be another record breaking month, but unlike January 2014; I fully expect the coldest period of February 2014 to be around mid-month – by far

Is this guy havin a larf, is he actually for real:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 panzerjager

Just what we need...a lunar weather forecast. As much as I would like to believe his predictions and having lurched on this board over the last winter, viewing the many informative and sometimes unsavoury comments, this is the best of the outer reaches of FI, worthy of my first post...I am compelled to admire his conviction / insanity. Looking forward to reading more predictions from the crazy prophets of the mini ice age in the coming months...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats worth saving for the giggles. So I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The japan met office have an intresting long range forcast for this autumn and winter been colder than average this year and also said the summer should be warmer than average,they seem to be the only met office that does long range weater reports that far a head,i dont know how accurate they are,maby some of the long therm posters know more about them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sure look at MT's long term forecast, none of that came true. Guesswork is still guesswork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Old Moore reckons we'll have snow this November and December .. That's good enough for me.. I'm getting married on December 7th so I was wiiile excited when I read that! Lol.

Question tho .. How often has Old Moores weather predictions been correct? Specifically winter. Anybody know? This is the first year I came across Old Moores Almanac .. Very entertaining read! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Old Moore reckons we'll have snow this November and December .. That's good enough for me..

Me too - though I refer to him as Young Moore - everything is relative ;)

I remember getting snowed in at a wedding in Woodenbridge near Aughrim back in late December 1978; and being driven eventually up the old N11 back to Dublin on packed snow.

That was in the middle of a string of snowy winters.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I predict mid twenties and wall to wall sunshine on Christmas day this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

What did they predict the winter gone by was going to be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

jimmy.d wrote: »

I So wish that was True, I would love it, maybe the world dose NOT end but we do get Snowmageddon,

it will been so cold, that Big Ben wont' chime on new years day :eek: :D

One think i am sure of, is that now I going have to have a snowy dream :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I predict mid twenties and wall to wall sunshine on Christmas day this year.

god i hope this is true!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

He pridicted the 2011/2012 winter which turned out to be the opposite what he had predicted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Sounds like a Madden forecast! :p

I'd like another snowy winter, but not a snowmaggedon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

I'd like another snowy winter, but not a snowmaggedon.

You are expelled from the Snowbunny Club :mad:

Permabanned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after this years disaster we all deserve a snowmageddon next Decemer-February:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement