Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths question :)

• 25-04-2012 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone figured out how to do question 8 (a) part ii and (b). I have been staring it at for two hours now!! I just do not know what I have to do, I have tried everything! It's the 2011 SEC sample paper E. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Izymunz wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone figured out how to do question 8 (a) part ii and (b). I have been staring it at for two hours now!! I just do not know what I have to do, I have tried everything! It's the 2011 SEC sample paper E. Thanks in advance!

Is there a copy of that online? I love me some integration problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

This is question B. Is it the right one? I can't do A (ii), I remember doing battle with it a few months ago too. Hoping someone will enlighten me on that as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

For A (ii), Alpha is a max when the angle CFA is 90 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Izymunz

I did the exact same thing but it is not working out! I really hate project maths...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Izymunz wrote: »
    I did the exact same thing but it is not working out! I really hate project maths...

It should work alright, you'll get a right angled triangle with opp length 22 and hypoteneuse length 25, use sin, and voila!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Oh, it's not paper 1 :(. I'll show myself out...

Wesc. wrote: »
    It should work alright, you'll get a right angled triangle with opp length 22 and hypoteneuse length 25, use sin, and voila!

Thanks, I will have a go again!

Oh, it's not paper 1 :(. I'll show myself out...

Sorry about that! :P

Advertisement