Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather - East Coast

Options
  • 25-04-2012 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 34,641 ✭✭✭✭

Best thing to do is stay at home today like me :)

Thread in the Weather forum here

Heavy rain will cause flooding in places (not predicted to be as bad as last October, but they didn't predict just how bad last October would be...) but the worst thing will be strong winds 30-40MPH gusting to 60-70MPH

If you do go out on the bike today take care and leave for home as early as you can!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Yeah, saw that last night. What a pisser!! :mad: Ah well, the "onesie" Spada rain suit will have to come out!! :pac:

Thanks for the heads up man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Saw that yesterday. I'm working from home atm. Might get out of bed in a hour or two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

New cover for the bike was delivered yesterday. Just in time.
    She is resting comfortably and dry under her nice new cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Fair weather pansies!!!

Only joking. I made it into work nice and dry today, fingers crossed for tonight - I don't mind a bit of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Pataman

Couldnt believe how few bikes on the road this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Weather isn't that bad yet. I drove into work at about 9 and it was just starting to rain. Wear the right gear and watch the crosswinds and you'll be grand.
    Although, hope there isn't floods like october, never seen anything like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,641 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The prediction was that it was going to be at its worst at evening rush hour.

There will be spot flooding but probably nothing like last October (thankfully) but the strong blustery winds weren't there last October either.

Last night the predictions for today were almost as bad as the predictions for last Oct were. Hopefully today will be a bit better than forecast, last Oct was a lot worse.

On my route home, north-east is the worst direction for winds, as there are large open stretches with no shelter at all from that direction and it comes from behind and to the side. OK if a steady wind but strong gusts trying to blow you into another lane aren't fun. Gusts at Dublin Airport weather station are 45 knots which is a lot.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,641 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hmm wishing I hadn't wasted a day off now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Windy and rainy. It was a bit of crack :D My bald rear tyre really gets the heart going in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

It was a tad bit windy on the way home, got a bit of fright once when the wind caught me off guard and tried to push me over when I was waiting at set of traffic lights. Nothing extra ordinary really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Pataman

wasnt that bad after all

Advertisement