Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Test

• 25-04-2012 9:53am

Is it possible to do my bike test on a Vespa style bike. I have a 125cc LML Star and my provisional license is up in June. I have another bike coming in August, but if possible I'd like to do test before then and get a bigger bike sooner.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Is it possible to do my bike test on a Vespa style bike.

As far as I remember, once it is over or equal to 150cc you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Waste of time and money doing your test on a 125 scooter.
    You should get your new bike and do the test on that.
    Do your test on a bike with gears over 150cc for A, then you do not need any more test if you pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There's no problem doing the test on a Scooter. The problem is doing it on yours will get you an A1 licence. Does it have proper clutch? You could end up with an auto licence, if there is that restriction on bikes.

Before doing the test your better off getting a few lessons to iron out any bad habits and put you in test mode. You should use a school bike for the lessons and then the test.

Advertisement