Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dog ate my library book...

Options
  • 25-04-2012 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Exactly as the title states, the pup got into my bag and chewed a sizable chunk off a library week-long loan book. Has anyone else ever damaged a book before? How much did they have to pay the library? Panicking here! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Dublineese wrote: »
    Exactly as the title states, the pup got into my bag and chewed a sizable chunk off a library week-long loan book. Has anyone else ever damaged a book before? How much did they have to pay the library? Panicking here! :confused:
    If you're lucky librocop may let you keep one of your kneecaps...

lol, seriously though just explain it to them. You'll have to pay for the cost of the book of course but it won't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dublineese

Oh God I never even thought of Lirocop :eek: ha

I'm just wondering how much they'll charge me! Knowing my luck it will be the guts of €50!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Dublineese wrote: »
    Oh God I never even thought of Lirocop :eek: ha

I'm just wondering how much they'll charge me! Knowing my luck it will be the guts of €50!

For a lost book there is a handling charge of €5, plus the cost of the book. A damaged book that cannot be reused would probably be the same as that I would think. Go to that as soon as you can and see what they say. In my experience they're pretty decent about these sort of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

What was the book?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

They'll let you buy the book yourself if possible, so have a look on amazon and see if you can get it cheap! Otherwise they'll charge you the RRP which can work out pretty expensive. Only thing is make sure its the current edition or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

What was the book?

DTB1180_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Meow_Meow

You need to pay for a replacement of the book.

And the dog will need to be put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Meow_Meow wrote: »
    And the dog will need to be put down.

What an apt username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Just throw it in the drop off box and run away very quickly. Then deny everything if they challenge you over it at a later time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Even better - throw a ferret in at the same time. Then all the books in there will be demolished, and they'll never know yours was wrecked beforehand

Note: Don't do that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement